Desperate Canadians....anyone from Canada ordered bags directly from SAKS?

aileendj320

Feb 8, 2012
I was told that I do not need to pay any tax. the bag will be shipped directly from SAKS to me.

but I'm worried that I might get custom/duty charge.

anyone has similar experience? did you get charged duty/custom?

thank you thank you thank you~~~~

There's a few posts already about this .... you should do a search.

I have ordered directly from Saks. You do not pay US tax, but you do pay taxes on your bag (depending on which province you are in) when it crosses the border. You also have to pay customs and duty.

I was charged taxes, customs and duty on the bag I bought.

i bought a mcqueen scarf from saks and it was a little over $300. Customs/duty and taxes raised the price by $100+ more. i rarely buy designer online--it's almost not worth it because of the heavy fees.

I will be traveling to Vancouver/Victoria July 19 - 23. From what I am reading there is nowhere to shop there--sounds like Holt's stinks!

Too bad I cannot smuggle some Celine in for ya'll!!:P

I will be traveling to Vancouver/Victoria July 19 - 23. From what I am reading there is nowhere to shop there--sounds like Holt's stinks!

Too bad I cannot smuggle some Celine in for ya'll!!:P

holts is ridiculous... you can never spot any celine on shelf because they were are hidden and hold for customers who ordered from their crappy catalogue...(i was one of them lol)

holts is ridiculous... you can never spot any celine on shelf because they were are hidden and hold for customers who ordered from their crappy catalogue...(i was one of them lol)

That is unreal!! One would think their would be a duty-free shop or something on the US/Canadian border. . .in our dreams!!

That is unreal!! One would think their would be a duty-free shop or something on the US/Canadian border. . .in our dreams!!

If you are interested in Celine shoes and RTW, Cahier d'Exercices has a good election of the SS collection 50% off........

It is located in Montreal (where I m residing)....and they can ship to your Vancouver address during your stay in Vancouver then you only have to pay 5% GST and handcarry back to US without worrying about cross border duty..........

I was told that I do not need to pay any tax. the bag will be shipped directly from SAKS to me.

but I'm worried that I might get custom/duty charge.

anyone has similar experience? did you get charged duty/custom?

thank you thank you thank you~~~~

May I know what you have ordered from SAKS?

The retail prices of Celine bags in Canada and USA are now almost in line and in view of CAD$ is now below parity with USD ....You can try Cahier d'Exercices... I was there last week...they still have many pre-fall Mini, box bags, Nano ......

May I know what you have ordered from SAKS?

The retail prices of Celine bags in Canada and USA are now almost in line and in view of CAD$ is now below parity with USD ....You can try Cahier d'Exercices... I was there last week...they still have many pre-fall Mini, box bags, Nano ......

yes. I actually just contacted Cahier d'exercises, price ends to be the same, except there is defintely no custom with shipping from montreal to toronto lol...

cannot find any celine in toronto.....

thanks for the info!!!!

yes. I actually just contacted Cahier d'exercises, price ends to be the same, except there is defintely no custom with shipping from montreal to toronto lol...

cannot find any celine in toronto.....

thanks for the info!!!!

;)
Great....I hope they have what you want....when I was there last monday....they had 2 Mini Luggage in Pamelato Grey and look super yummy

if you call 119Corbo in Yorkville you can put your name on a calling list for when new bags come in, you just have to specify which bag you're after. they called me about a phantom a couple weeks ago, but i wasn't interested anymore.

If you are interested in Celine shoes and RTW, Cahier d'Exercices has a good election of the SS collection 50% off........

It is located in Montreal (where I m residing)....and they can ship to your Vancouver address during your stay in Vancouver then you only have to pay 5% GST and handcarry back to US without worrying about cross border duty..........

if you call 119Corbo in Yorkville you can put your name on a calling list for when new bags come in, you just have to specify which bag you're after. they called me about a phantom a couple weeks ago, but i wasn't interested anymore.

Oooh La La! Merci mes amies!