designers/brands you currently like

I love the major designers-who doesn't-but which brands are new discoveries/new favorites/ones you're are watching now?

Mine are:
Givenchy (yes, it's a major designer, but love it too much)
Peter Pilotto
Michael Angel
Karen Walker
Manoush
Preen
Mary Katrantzou
Adam by Adam Lippes (so wearable and chic, good for everyday)

I have just bought my first piece from Mary Katrantzou - a dress - and I LOVE it!! I am definitely watching her :smile:

Also Rag & Bone, Boy. by Band of Outsiders and Bassike. And Burberry Brit and Burberry London - definitely no check!!! - but they are "majors" I guess. All suit my life right now and how I want to look.
But my big love of the newer labels is The Row :heart: - I am collecting lol :cool:
Love everything about The Row. . . except for the price of course. Oh well. After the pain recedes the beautiful clothes remain :smile:

I have a soft spot for Hussein Chalayan - been around a while but he's a bit of an outsider and I can always find at least one dress I like in his collections, preferably on sale. I don't know why I like him particularly, but I do.

And I'm still loving all of my old "major" faves too :shame:

I am currently obsessed with whoever invented this amazing clutch! This piece of art is already on my wish list of purchasing! :hbeat::love:

Alexander Mcqueen Black Skull and Alexander Mcqueen Leopard Pony Naturale

Attachments

• alex mcqueen.jpg
    alex mcqueen.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 52
  • alex mcqueen leopard.jpg
    alex mcqueen leopard.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 60
And Cacharel!!
I'd love to get one of the FW11 floral wool/silk runway pieces - a dress, blazer or tee and skirt combo :smile:

cach4.jpg

style.com
cach3.jpg

Wow! I want to see your Mary Katrantzou dress!

I have just bought my first piece from Mary Katrantzou - a dress - and I LOVE it!! I am definitely watching her :smile:

Also Rag & Bone, Boy. by Band of Outsiders and Bassike. And Burberry Brit and Burberry London - definitely no check!!! - but they are "majors" I guess. All suit my life right now and how I want to look.
But my big love of the newer labels is The Row :heart: - I am collecting lol :cool:
Love everything about The Row. . . except for the price of course. Oh well. After the pain recedes the beautiful clothes remain :smile:

I have a soft spot for Hussein Chalayan - been around a while but he's a bit of an outsider and I can always find at least one dress I like in his collections, preferably on sale. I don't know why I like him particularly, but I do.

And I'm still loving all of my old "major" faves too :shame:

ever since I moved to Japan, I have been buying tons of Uniqlo!
and Uniqlo also has a lower price point brand called G.U, which I also find myself shopping frequently at.

so glad to find out recently that they are planning to open a uniqlo in my hometown San Francisco!

I love Chalayan. It's a shame he doesn't get more recognition. I own quite a lot of his clothes and they are so beautiful, especially the tailored pieces.

Other designers I usually buy from are:

Yohji Yamamoto
Ann Demeulemeester
Lutz
Damir Doma
Rick Owens
Limi Feu
Comme des Garcons
A.F. Vandevorst

Sometimes Givenchy ( when Tisci is not doing crazy T Shirts with hideous prints ).
And I have recently included Josephus Thimister into my wardrobe. So hard to get hold of his clothes but it's really worth it. I've always loved what he did for Balenciaga back in the days and I'm so glad he is doing ready-to-wear again.

and Uniqlo also has a lower price point brand called G.U, which I also find myself shopping frequently at.

so glad to find out recently that they are planning to open a uniqlo in my hometown San Francisco!

Omg they are? When? I've never been there but heard great things and I'm going to NY next week for a conference and was going to take a cab ride to there during one of my breaks lol.

I love them too...I used to live in London, UK that was when I first came across this line. Now that I have relocated to Asia, they have it here as well :smile:...love them...especially the therma heating ones, for winter :smile:.