Designer looking for a shoe manufacturer/ revolutionary styling

eric glennie

Aug 16, 2007
Good Afternoon. I am a designer looking for a shoe manufacturer that likes to push the envelope in styling. If you are familiar with my work, you know I like to challenge traditional styling. Please let me know if there is a shoe manufacturer looking for a new, unique style. thanks Eric Glennie

Eric,

If you've got the funding for it, I'd suggest you start you own line of footwear. (I'm a designer also.) Unless you're already an established designer, or can really blow the big names away with your skills, most big name fashion houses wont touch you - sorry, but that's the reality of the business.

If you go offshore and connect with a OEM, this will probably be the most cost-effective way for you to go. Any reputable OEM will already know the mechanics involved in producing a shoe. And, they'll work with you and your designs to turn your ideas into a marketable product.

By the way, I had a look at your website and really like some of your ideas. I, too, am trying to push the boundaries of menswear - a lot of it really is quite tired, I find - with my own concepts. Unlike you though, I'm not interested in pushing the traditional. But, am instead venturing into the realm of the avant-garde.

All the best to you