Designer Brands You Will Never Buy

I really like my Valhalla Brooklyn bags, very lightweight and stylish.

Laurel dasso on etsy is the nicest woman I've ever worked with on a custom bag before, very accommodating.

I really love the look of Angela Valentine on etsy, can't wait to try her out!

I had Laurel Dasso make a bag for me and it's absolutely wonderfully made.....riri zippers, solid brass clasps, sheepskin leather. Love it!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I have a few MK bags and while I don't really have any complaints about the quality, I would NEVER purchase one at full price considering they are always on sale everywhere I go... I also am not a fan of MK anymore because they are so popular. It sounds bad but it's true. :sad: I find Tory Burch WAY overpriced for the quality, so while I like some of her stuff I would never pay full price for that either.

Kate Spade bags/wallets have never appealed to me, so I would never buy one. Rebecca Minkoff bags seem really cheap and a lot of them seem like pretty blatant copies of higher-end designer bags...

As for premier designers, I only own one Givenchy (mini Antigona) and the quality seems decent enough, but frankly I think it's overpriced. It's a gorgeous bag and I adore it but it's so small that the $2,000 price tag seems a little excessive. Oh well.

I've never liked the look of Balenciaga bags. I prefer structured bags personally, which is why the Givenchy Antigona was so appealing to me :smile:

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I probably won't ever buy Prada because there are too many other bags I want. I won't ever buy Hermes, but only because I will never, ever, ever be able to afford them. I don't understand the appeal of any bag that is shaped like a deep bucket.... but to each their own!

I have never seen a Balenciaga bag I'd ever consider buying...all the straps and the choices in leathers just aren't my aesthetic. Some of them even look kind of cheap considering their price point. I also don't ever see myself buying a Prada bag - I've heard too many stories of bags breaking and falling apart quickly and awful customer service. Some of their bags are gorgeous but there are many other designers out there at that price point I'd rather give my money to.

Goyard, balenciaga and Dior. Goyard because I already have one and its quality is terrible, balenciaga because of its aesthetics and Dior because I saw Alex of hrh recently post a video of her Dior bag which was already falling apart. Not impressed. Oh and mansur gavriel because I have owned two and they did not hold up well after a short period of use and their prices have skyrocketed since becoming popular and I do not think vegetable tanned bags are worth that price! And like the PF poster above - likely no canvas bags from LV. The price point has gotten crazy given that it's a canvas bag. Finally no Gucci canvas either. I've had two and one had its stitching start coming apart after two months of use along the top of the bag and I had the handle fall off another one. I have thought about the marmont but I think Gucci is overhyped now.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Well I have to really love a bag before I buy it. Or at least love the picture. I like unusual looking bags a the Chanel classics. The bags I am really not into are anything from Balenciaga, LV, and Celine. I don't feel they are interesting enough for me. But that could change as my taste changes through the years. Right now I'm fixated on Chanel, but that might change too.

I will never purchase another Chanel bag - I own two vintage bags (they're vintage now, that's how long I have had them, lol) and I cannot believe how expensive they are now. Chanel shoes are super comfortable and I really do love them. Chanel ready to wear - can't say as I never tried anything and my lifestyle does not justify it, but one day I will try on and consider a classic Chanel tweed.

Would you mind please sharing details from your experience? I'm thinking of buying one of their wallets and would love to hear more - I've only seen sponsored bloggers talk about Bulgari bags.

+1 I have been looking at these bags but there is very little info out there. I'd love to hear about your experience.

I'm not sure if you guys are still interested, but I've just uploaded a video about the Bulgari Serpenti Forever bag. I found the same thing when I was debating if I should buy it or not (that only sponsored bloggers talked about the bag), but I took the plunge anyway. I hope the video's helpful!

Here it is:

I'm not sure if you guys are still interested, but I've just uploaded a video about the Bulgari Serpenti Forever bag. I found the same thing when I was debating if I should buy it or not (that only sponsored bloggers talked about the bag), but I took the plunge anyway. I hope the video's helpful!

Here it is:

Huge Bulgari fan. Your bags are gorgeous! Especially that blue! Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: LilMissCutie
I don't think I'd ever buy a Goyard because I don't find their prints attractive, and Hermes is just too expensive to justify.
I have many Chanel's which I bought years ago and now many LVs which work well with my current lifestyle. I don't think I'd buy a new Chanel today, though, they are too pricey as well. When I purchased mine new they were less than 1/2 of today's prices.

Reactions: SK007

Here it is:

Thanks! This is still on my radar. Beautiful!