Design Your Own Rogue

I'm hoping this will help someone. These are the choices for the exterior,

Wow, THANK YOU so much!! That is truly helpful! Of course I'll be ordering from my local SA, but at least I can PRE-plan a bit!

WAIT -- what am I doing?? I can't do this for at least another month, hahahahaha....*that is the laughter of a "mad" woman, not an innocent giggle*!!

Wow, THANK YOU so much!! That is truly helpful! Of course I'll be ordering from my local SA, but at least I can PRE-plan a bit!

WAIT -- what am I doing?? I can't do this for at least another month, hahahahaha....*that is the laughter of a "mad" woman, not an innocent giggle*!!

That's great that your local SA is able to place the order for you! My SA, who I have worked with for ten years or so, told me I would have to call New York directly. Luckily, they have wonderful people in the New York store and the person who helped me was fantastic.

Reactions: K.E.W.
This isn't the color they told me was hay.

I think the lighting in the store can change the look of the colors quite a bit because Coach is calling this bag "hay" and your leather sample is also "hay". The croc handles on my bag are "hay", too, and they have a slightly warmer look in person than the pebbled leather "hay" color. Another variable to consider is that each individual leather hide absorbs the dye differently, as does changing the texture of the material. For example, the dye will sometimes look dramatically different with the suede, as is perfectly illustrated with the oxblood samples.

It is actually surprising just how much different lighting can affect the appearance of the colors. That's why we need lots and lots of pictures in this thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobbsy
I think the lighting in the store can change the look of the colors quite a bit because Coach is calling this bag "hay" and your leather sample is also "hay". The croc handles on my bag are "hay", too, and they have a slightly warmer look in person than the pebbled leather "hay" color. Another variable to consider is that each individual leather hide absorbs the dye differently, as does changing the texture of the material. For example, the dye will sometimes look dramatically different with the suede, as is perfectly illustrated with the oxblood samples.

It is actually surprising just how much different lighting can affect the appearance of the colors. That's why we need lots and lots of pictures in this thread!
Very true!