DES, Rhino, and Lip Augmentation (March 2022, S. Korea)

hvyln

Aug 5, 2021
I've been researching clinics for a while and have mostly decided on March 2022 for double eyelid surgery, rhino, and lips augmentation. Korea has an aesthetic style that matches mine. 2-week stay with 2 days in-person consultation. I want to do eyes and nose at the same place.

My situation (24 years old, female, Asian)

Eyes: monolid, somewhat thin skin, and an overall tired-looking gaze.​
Nose: short, upturned nose with visible nostrils. No bridge.​
Lips: corners downturned, upper lip bigger than the lower lip. Looks like I'm frowning/scowling.​

Desirable results (in between dolly and natural)

Eyes: rounder, wider, and parallel crease.​
Nose: no visible nostrils, no m-shape. Between dolly and natural results.​
Lips: smiling lift, make lower lip a little bigger.​

Time: March 2022
  • cheaper airfares during low seasons.
  • students being in school.
  • cooler weather to help de-swelling.
  • Covid restrictions.
I'm hoping by March that the cases will be lowered and no more quarantine. I'm not looking to spend nearly $2k on quarantine fees.

I have a list of clinics that I'd like to get quotes on once March rolls around because it's high season and summer vacation now, so they probably aren't short on clients and might kick up foreign prices because covid had taken a hit on business financials.

The list of clinics is simply meant to be a guide on the average prices so I can pinpoint which clinic is trying to rip me off with unreasonable prices, and which clinic is too pushy with their suggestions as well as their translators' vibe. It's important that I feel comfortable with my translator because they will be helping me the most in my journey.

I have some doctors in mind, but I want to keep an open mind if others have better/negative experiences that would like to comment on here.

The unfiltered list

1. Banobagi​
2. Cinderella​
3. DA​
4. Deesse: (lips)​
5. Dream PS​
6. Hanabi​
7. Hyundai: (lips)​
8. ID​
9. IRON​
10. Jewelry​
11. JT plastic surgery​
12. MACHIMPYO Plastic Surgery​
13. Marble​
14. Namu​
15. Nana​
16. TS​
17. Premier​
18. Ruby​
19. Opera​
20. Premier​
21. Uvom​
22. View​
23. Wannabe​

I was going to make an all-in-one review after the surgeries, but I figure more opinions and experiences from others are better. I'll be using this post as a step-by-step journey as I update along the way.

I know some clinics are blacklisted. Doctors are leaving big clinics and opening their own or moving to reputable ones to avoid the negative connotation of being associated with a bad reputation clinic/hospital. More times than not, clients focus a lot on famous and infamous clinics rather than doctors. Once that negative review points out a clinic's name, many likely don't bother to research further, let alone the doctor who did the procedure.

Some good doctors stay with bad clinics, so that's why I'm keeping some blacklisted clinics on the list strictly for the doctors. I likely won't go to them, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on the doctors in case they leave so I'll know where to find them and where to avoid notoriously bad doctors.

Tips wanted
  • essential things to pack (simplicity makes traveling easy)
    • besides important documents, clothes, and other obvious things.
  • after-surgery return flight experience
  • scar prevention

:heart: TLDR: DES, rhino, lips augmentation in S. Korea in March 2022 (screw quarantine fees). Staying 2 weeks. Want results between dolly and natural. Keeping an open mind and want more thoughts from others who're getting surgery or have gotten them. Want tips to make the trip a smooth one.

I've been researching clinics for a while and have mostly decided on March 2022 for double eyelid surgery, rhino, and lips augmentation. Korea has an aesthetic style that matches mine. 2-week stay with 2 days in-person consultation. I want to do eyes and nose at the same place.

Lips: corners downturned, upper lip bigger than the lower lip. Looks like I'm frowning/scowling.​

• Covid restrictions.
I'm hoping by March that the cases will be lowered and no more quarantine. I'm not looking to spend nearly $2k on quarantine fees.

I have a list of clinics that I'd like to get quotes on once March rolls around because it's high season and summer vacation now, so they probably aren't short on clients and might kick up foreign prices because covid had taken a hit on business financials.

The list of clinics is simply meant to be a guide on the average prices so I can pinpoint which clinic is trying to rip me off with unreasonable prices, and which clinic is too pushy with their suggestions as well as their translators' vibe. It's important that I feel comfortable with my translator because they will be helping me the most in my journey.

I have some doctors in mind, but I want to keep an open mind if others have better/negative experiences that would like to comment on here.

The unfiltered list

1. Banobagi​
2. Cinderella​
3. DA​
5. Dream PS​
6. Hanabi​
8. ID​
9. IRON​
10. Jewelry​
11. JT plastic surgery​
13. Marble​
14. Namu​
15. Nana​
16. TS​
17. Premier​
18. Ruby​
19. Opera​
20. Premier​
21. Uvom​
22. View​
23. Wannabe​

I was going to make an all-in-one review after the surgeries, but I figure more opinions and experiences from others are better. I'll be using this post as a step-by-step journey as I update along the way.

I know some clinics are blacklisted. Doctors are leaving big clinics and opening their own or moving to reputable ones to avoid the negative connotation of being associated with a bad reputation clinic/hospital. More times than not, clients focus a lot on famous and infamous clinics rather than doctors. Once that negative review points out a clinic's name, many likely don't bother to research further, let alone the doctor who did the procedure.

Some good doctors stay with bad clinics, so that's why I'm keeping some blacklisted clinics on the list strictly for the doctors. I likely won't go to them, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on the doctors in case they leave so I'll know where to find them and where to avoid notoriously bad doctors.

Tips wanted
  • scar prevention

:heart: TLDR: DES, rhino, lips augmentation in S. Korea in March 2022 (screw quarantine fees). Staying 2 weeks. Want results between dolly and natural. Keeping an open mind and want more thoughts from others who're getting surgery or have gotten them. Want tips to make the trip a smooth one.
hi
can i chat you? line: angellee
also plan to go to korea 2022 but for eyelid revision.
let's go together.
anyone also interested, can chat me.

hi
let's go together.

I haven't made any line/whatsapp/etc accounts yet. I wanna do more research first before consulting the clinics. We can chat over pm or here if you don't mind!

What places are you interested in?

I haven't made any line/whatsapp/etc accounts yet. I wanna do more research first before consulting the clinics. We can chat over pm or here if you don't mind!

What places are you interested in?
i rarely online here.
i search through app gangnam unni.
small clinics in gangnam specialized in eye surgery basically. i have done research. i want to visit them when arrive in Korea. i will plan first.i think if travel restrictions loosen, will go in april. i am looking for friends..

• Covid restrictions.

The unfiltered list

1. Banobagi​
2. Cinderella​
3. DA​
5. Dream PS​
6. Hanabi​
8. ID​
9. IRON​
10. Jewelry​
11. JT plastic surgery​
13. Marble​
14. Namu​
15. Nana​
16. TS​
17. Premier​
18. Ruby​
19. Opera​
20. Premier​
21. Uvom​
22. View​
23. Wannabe​

Tips wanted
  • scar prevention

hi
let's chat
line/kakao id: angellee
planning to have eyelid resurgery march 2022 to korea too.

• Covid restrictions.

The unfiltered list

1. Banobagi​
2. Cinderella​
3. DA​
5. Dream PS​
6. Hanabi​
8. ID​
9. IRON​
10. Jewelry​
11. JT plastic surgery​
13. Marble​
14. Namu​
15. Nana​
16. TS​
17. Premier​
18. Ruby​
19. Opera​
20. Premier​
21. Uvom​
22. View​
23. Wannabe​

Tips wanted
  • scar prevention

Maybe you could also have a separate list for nose and eyes. Some doctors may specialize in one and not the other and it's better to have some information which surgeons will produce your desirable result.

From what I read so far (and agree), it's better to choose a surgeon with your desired result rather than going to a "dramatic nose" doctor and ask for "natural", because the results may come out far from "natural".

As for lips, it's not something I researched about, but I came across a youtuber who did his lips at Desse (with discount) and he liked it. He did not mention the names of the clinics he didn't like (even though he also said he got some discounts as well) because he was botched there. It could be considered a "positive" review, but please take this with a grain of salt.

2 of my short listed clinics are on your list as well :smile: so looking forward to any updates.

Maybe you could also have a separate list for nose and eyes. Some doctors may specialize in one and not the other and it's better to have some information which surgeons will produce your desirable result.

From what I read so far (and agree), it's better to choose a surgeon with your desired result rather than going to a "dramatic nose" doctor and ask for "natural", because the results may come out far from "natural".

As for lips, it's not something I researched about, but I came across a youtuber who did his lips at Desse (with discount) and he liked it. He did not mention the names of the clinics he didn't like (even though he also said he got some discounts as well) because he was botched there. It could be considered a "positive" review, but please take this with a grain of salt.

2 of my short listed clinics are on your list as well :smile: so looking forward to any updates.

I've been reading up on reviews from gangnam unni +realself and finding the doctors I'm interested in, some are solid on my shortlist before I do an online and in-person consultant.

Desse on the other hand, I heard it's much more expensive than the average I've seen people say from Hyundai. But everyone's lips are different, so I'm gonna have to get an estimated quote from both clinics to decide. But even with Desse's selfie gram pics of lip surgery, it doesn't really fit what I'm looking for.

I take everything with a grain of salt, especially when I come across posts that have members pointing out their suspicions on promoters or the results are simply too good to be true (sometimes even b/a pics).

If you end up getting surgery before me, I'd love to hear your experience! :biggrin:

Reactions: corgeous and ppvlm

• Covid restrictions.

The unfiltered list

1. Banobagi​
2. Cinderella​
3. DA​
5. Dream PS​
6. Hanabi​
8. ID​
9. IRON​
10. Jewelry​
11. JT plastic surgery​
13. Marble​
14. Namu​
15. Nana​
16. TS​
17. Premier​
18. Ruby​
19. Opera​
20. Premier​
21. Uvom​
22. View​
23. Wannabe​

Tips wanted
  • scar prevention

Hey!
im 24 years old too and was planning to get a rhinoplasty around January or March of 2022 with my bf. We should go together ? So we can be surgery buddies? My discord is : MisaMisa#2886

hi
let's go together.

hello Angellee! I am interested as I am also planning to go next year January or March ! Still deciding what month is best.. however, I am going with my bf but would like a surgery buddy as I have never gone over sea before to get a surgery. I’m 24 years old Filipina from Brisbane Australia. My discord is MisaMisa#2886 (to communicate)

• Covid restrictions.

The unfiltered list

1. Banobagi​
2. Cinderella​
3. DA​
5. Dream PS​
6. Hanabi​
8. ID​
9. IRON​
10. Jewelry​
11. JT plastic surgery​
13. Marble​
14. Namu​
15. Nana​
16. TS​
17. Premier​
18. Ruby​
19. Opera​
20. Premier​
21. Uvom​
22. View​
23. Wannabe​

Tips wanted
  • scar prevention

hello Angellee! I am interested as I am also planning to go next year January or March ! Still deciding what month is best.. however, I am going with my bf but would like a surgery buddy as I have never gone over sea before to get a surgery. I’m 24 years old Filipina from Brisbane Australia. My discord is MisaMisa#2886 (to communicate)

Holy ****! Are u me? Cause it feels like I wrote this!

Anw, have u narrowed down your options? The more I dig this forum the more confused i become. So far im thinking machimpyo-Dr. Seo ex MVP (IG dotplasticsurgery) and VIP. I really like Cinderella, Migo and Dream but saw some quite bad reviews....

Holy ****! Are u me? Cause it feels like I wrote this!

Anw, have u narrowed down your options? The more I dig this forum the more confused i become. So far im thinking machimpyo-Dr. Seo ex MVP (IG dotplasticsurgery) and VIP. I really like Cinderella, Migo and Dream but saw some quite bad reviews....
Are you talking to me ? Lol….
I’m thinking of choosing Uvom, my cousin got her nose job there and it turned out so good so I’ll be going there next year !

[Update]

It’s not that I’m trying to look unenthusiastic, it’s literally all I have. Can’t get an honest feel about the clinics when half the consultations have a total of 6 text bubbles between me and the consultant. Some clinics gave me the feeling of impatience, not much into getting my money, or is not too keen on taking foreign clients at the moment. Others either read the messages and didn’t answer, or I sent them my info and they ghosted me. I gave them one week and a reminder message to clinics I’m interested in before calling it “ghosting”.

Note: my main goal was to get quotes for comparison, not an exhaustive questioning, since lots of my queries were answered by reading through their websites.

DA – the consultation didn’t stand out to me. It was professional, to the point, and easy communication.
  • Eyes: incisional, ptosis correction, Epicanthoplasty, doesn’t recommend lateral
  • Nose: Open rhino, silicone bridge, tip augmentation
  • Total: 4.4 million KRW starting (eyes) + 6.6 million KRW starting (nose) = 11 million KRW (~$9.2k USD)

Hyundai – friendly consultation, not much different than others.
  • Eyes: incision, ptosis, Epicanthoplasty, dual lateral canthoplasty
  • Nose: humpectomy, tip + alar
  • Lip corner lift: philtrum reduction is not recommended and can’t be done at the same time as rhino
  • Total: 6 million KRW (eyes) + 5.2 million KRW (nose, +1.2 million KRW for donor rib cartilage) + Lips: 2 million KRW = 14.4 million KRW (~$12k USD)

Jewelry – very joyful consultant. Uses gifs to ensure a friendly vibe, another clinic I feel great connecting with. Too expensive.
  • Eyes: incisional, ptosis, Epicanthoplasty, lateral +lower canthoplasty, lower blepharoplasty conjunctiva (loveband)
  • Nose: short nose rhino, alar reduction, cinching
  • Total: 8.5 million KRW (eyes) + 7 million KRW (nose) = 15.5 million KRW (~$12.9k USD)

JT plastic surgery – Quick responses, friendly consultation that didn’t beat around the bushes.
  • Eyes: incisional, ptosis correction. In-out line. Epicanthoplasty
  • Nose: silicon, septum or ear cartilage, donated cartilage + lengthening columella + alar reduction
  • Total: 3.6-4.4 million KRW (eyes) + 4.5-7.5 million KRW (nose) = 8.1-11.9 million KRW (~$6.7-10k USD)

Marble
- they were semi-quick with the answers. They gave me a rundown of the flat rate for des and rhino, didn’t ask for my picture for a quote suited for me until I asked for one. Strongly hinted that I really should come in for an in-person consultation and gave off no-nonsense business vibes.
  • Eyes: ptosis correction, Epicanthoplasty
  • Nose: silicone, septum + ear cartilage for tip, short nose correction.
  • Total: 3.96 mil KRW (eyes) + 5.06 million KRW (nose) = 9.02 million KRW (~$7.5k USD)

Nana – the only clinic that I felt the most welcomed. Answered my questions with the breakdowns to my quotes. Reasonable prices and a 25% discount (given unprompted). Nana didn’t give me business vibes, more like talking with a friend.
  • Eyes: incisional, ptosis correction
  • Nose: bridge + tip, osteotomy, silicon bridge + septal cartilage (ear cartilage if needed)
  • Total: 3.5 mil KRW (eyes) + 5.5 mil KRW (nose) = 9 million KRW/$7.4k USD (25% off = 6.7 million KRW/ ~$5.5k USD)

Ruby
- also quick with responses. Meh on the whole vibe. Sometimes they felt friendly, sometimes distant. Hit or miss until the pricing. A whopping 12.68 mil KRW (~$10k). The eyes and nose are about the same price. Then, they said I’ll get a better discount if I put in a deposit.
  • Eyes: natural adhesion (non-incisional), ptosis correction, Epicanthoplasty, lateral canthoplasty + lateral hotz
  • Nose: tip+bridge, donated cartilage, short nose correction, alar reduction (non-incision)
  • Total: 6.08 million KRW (eyes) + 6.6 million KRW (nose) = 12.68 million KRW (~$10.6k USD)

Banobagi
– no quote. They hit me with a big text, ending with “We recommend you to contact Korean embassy in your area for more accurate information and to plan your trip first before reserving an appointment with us.” But like… I only want an online consultation tho.

Cinderella - Didn’t give a quote, wanted me to come in for detailed consultation. They said I have enough space between my eyebrows and eyes, so if I want to do an outline eyelid, it’ll help improve it to a more western image. I’m Asian :shocked:

Deesse – answered, gave them my pictures, then they asked when I was getting surgery. I replied, but they never got back to me with the quote.

ID - Dismissive messages. I chalked it up to being busy, but something about those two dry and curt texts felt impatient. Even if I was interested in ID, I wouldn’t have continued cause I couldn’t be bothered with giving them my info with a bad taste in my mouth. You’re supposed to lure me in, not be duller than my Tinder dates.

IRON – changed to Momo Plastic Surgery, focusing on hair loss treatment. Super nice English coordinator, Jen. She connected me to another clinic called Mina, gave them a heads-up, so that was kind of her.

LaPrin – answered but ghosted me when I asked what info they need for a quote.

MACHIMPYO Plastic Surgery – unanswered. I’m still super interested in Dr. Seo’s work, albeit his preference is on the natural side. His work and reputation pushed me to keep him on my list. I’m going to reach out on a different platform later this week if they don’t answer my consultation posted on their website.

Namu – unanswered.

Premier – unlisted/unavailable WhatsApp number. Kakaotalk is in Korean. I assume they aren’t taking English-speaking clients right now.

Opera – unanswered.

Uvom – unanswered.

View – unanswered.

Wannabe – unanswered.

I didn’t ask or hint at discounts because it wouldn’t do any good for my financial planning stage. I’m using the online consultation’s raw numbers as an estimate, I don’t want to risk looking at the discounted price and plan around that.

Question: does JT, Marble, Nana's pricing hit the average foreigner price?