DES Korea 2023

Based on my research, incisional is permanent since they're removing the excess skin and fat. Non-incisional is seen as the semi-permanent, reversible option. It's performed with sutures only, which can loosen over time and may require revision after 7-10 years.
I just had nonincisional DES and ptosis correction 2.5 weeks ago and realized I hated the results 1 week in. I begged the clinic to remove the sutures before the scar tissue set in because I also thought it was reversible and they said that it couldn’t be done and “wasn’t a thing” and I would have to wait 6 months for a full incisional revision. I am prone to keloids and hypertrophic scarring and hyperpigmentation so was trying to avoid full incisional at all costs. It seems the technique they use for suture method is more durable now and uncommonly loosens or fails. The crease can also be permanent if the scar tissue holds it in place even without the suture. I haven’t heard of anyone getting their sutures removed without a full incisional revision.

• Sad
Reactions: doudy
Oh no, that sounds like a tough situation you're going through.

I've read about cases where people wanted to remove sutures after non-incisional procedures, and it does seem like it can be quite tricky. But hey, it's great that you're being cautious about keloids and scarring. Waiting for the full incisional revision might be your best bet, even though it's a longer wait.

Have you considered getting a second opinion from another clinic ? Sometimes, they might have alternative suggestions or experiences that could help guide your decision.

Oh no, that sounds like a tough situation you're going through.

I've read about cases where people wanted to remove sutures after non-incisional procedures, and it does seem like it can be quite tricky. But hey, it's great that you're being cautious about keloids and scarring. Waiting for the full incisional revision might be your best bet, even though it's a longer wait.

Have you considered getting a second opinion from another clinic ? Sometimes, they might have alternative suggestions or experiences that could help guide your decision.
I contacted several other clinics before the 2 week mark also requesting suture removal. They refused to touch another clinics work and also said I would need to wait 6 months for a revision or resolve it with the original clinic. I found a US surgeon willing to remove the sutures if I could get the surgical op note with the technique from the original clinic and the original clinic flat out refused to give me the medical records. I am beyond devastated at the loss of eye function and also angry with the original clinic for disregarding my concerns and refusing to accommodate after I tried every possible way to get them removed.

Hi I want to create a KakaoTalk chat specifically for DES in Korea for 2023 so we can share our research and experience. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will add :smile:

I want to get DES done in Korea in April 2023 but haven't decided a clinic yet. I think it will be helpful to discuss with others!
hi! can i be added? @babyshinnn