DES and Hairline Transplant

I did DES (incisional, ptosis & epi) first and FUT hair transplant the next day as I only stayed 10 days in Korea at that time.
This is the exact trip I am looking at! Staying 11 days for both. How was your experience and do you think it affected your results? Was it ok to lay on your face for the FUT? Thanks advance for so many questions!

This is the exact trip I am looking at! Staying 11 days for both. How was your experience and do you think it affected your results? Was it ok to lay on your face for the FUT? Thanks advance for so many questions!

I sat down on those seats found at massage parlours where there is a hole for the face to go in so it did not affect the eyelid stitches. Surgery was under local but I fell asleep as did not sleep well the previous night. I believe FUT is more painful than FUE and it will also leave a scar at the back of the head but it’s ok as my hair can cover it. After surgery, I stayed at the ward and the nurse gave me food (I was also very hungry as I fasted the night before) in order to take meds. Awhile later, the doc came to check on me and I was allowed to go back to my hotel. Whole process took around max 6 hours. I went in the morning at 10am.

I am usually a back sleeper but had to sleep elevated due to the stitches at the back of my head and also my DES. Travel pillow was very helpful for me! I went back to the clinic 2-3 times for check up, clean wounds, red light therapy etc (applies to both DES and FUT). Overall, my results are not perfect but acceptable. Suggest not to go during summer (I went during autumn so the weather was still cool) as you will sweat and being unable to fully wash hair and face for a few days is a no no for me.

Reactions: Lien
I sat down on those seats found at massage parlours where there is a hole for the face to go in so it did not affect the eyelid stitches. Surgery was under local but I fell asleep as did not sleep well the previous night. I believe FUT is more painful than FUE and it will also leave a scar at the back of the head but it’s ok as my hair can cover it. After surgery, I stayed at the ward and the nurse gave me food (I was also very hungry as I fasted the night before) in order to take meds. Awhile later, the doc came to check on me and I was allowed to go back to my hotel. Whole process took around max 6 hours. I went in the morning at 10am.

I am usually a back sleeper but had to sleep elevated due to the stitches at the back of my head and also my DES. Travel pillow was very helpful for me! I went back to the clinic 2-3 times for check up, clean wounds, red light therapy etc (applies to both DES and FUT). Overall, my results are not perfect but acceptable. Suggest not to go during summer (I went during autumn so the weather was still cool) as you will sweat and being unable to fully wash hair and face for a few days is a no no for me.
Thanks for the detailed experience! I am scheduled to go next month/ will be very cold. Could you share why your results were not perfect? If you could do it again would you separate the surgeries?

Newbie to hair transplant here. Can you pls help me to explain the difference between FUT and FUE? Thank you.

Hi FUE is where they shave your head and extract hair follicles, FUT is where they cut a strip from your head to extract hair follicles.
Apparently, the main difference between FUT and FUE is that FUT is incisional whereas FUE is non-incisional. There's non-shaven FUE as well right, where they punch & extract each hair individually. I'm writing this out to remind myself and also to help anyone else who's not familiar. All procedures are under IV sedation.

I've been quoted by DANA:
- 6.8KRW for FUT
- 8.8mil for shaven FUE
- 10.8mil for non-shaven FUE.

These prices are subject to 10% discount for cash payment and a further 10% for allowing them to use the pics. What do you guys think of these pricings?