Depressed :-( And I have Big Feet - apparently.

Expat

Carole
Jun 25, 2008
Humph.

Went to Chanel today, all ready to buy, buy, buy! But there was nothing I liked. I finally saw the purple flap, but found I didn't like it IRL. :sad: So I scratched that off my list and will wait for the next collection.

So, on to shoes... and fell in love with a gorgeous pair of fur lined biker boots :drool: (amongst many other lovely shoes).
But the SA made me feel an idiot as apparently the biggest size they only come in is 40. Is this true??? :cursing:

I'm a 41.5 or 42.

I KNOW the UK does some shoes in larger sizes as I bought Ballet Flats there last week.

Could it be that the Japanese generally have smaller feet so they only order small sizes? Or do many of the styles only come in small? :confused1:

Am wondering if the flagship store will have more sizes but don't want to trek all the way over there if the shoes aren't made big in the first place.

In some shops here I get directed to the MEN'S shoe dept. :cursing: :cursing:

Signed,
Depressed Shopaholic in Tokyo

Hi "Depressed shopaholic in Tokyo" (LOL)!!

Hey don't be depressed. I know your feeling. I have big feet too for an asian girl. I wear size 40 to 40.5 for Chanel shoes. I can't buy any Chanel shoes here in HK coz usually their largest size is size 39.5 only.

Also, when I go to Tokyo for shopping, I can NEVER buy any shoes from there because the Japanese sizes are relatively smaller (like largest is 24.5cm only). And yes, I think the majority of Japanese gals have smaller feet. So don't feel bad.

Maybe you can order from the US instead? They have larger sizes there.

Cheer up!!

Mia:heart:

Ahh, bless you Mia :heart:

I would order from US / UK but the customs duty makes it not worthwhile :crybaby:. My credit card should be grateful, but you know what it's like when you NEED to shop :shame:

Another big foot here! Lol. Yeah, it seems they only had upto 40 because that's what Japan ordered. The shops only order whatever the demographic is like. Even in Europe, I can't go shoe shopping as much as I'd like. When I tried to get these Miu Miu flats I KNEW they made upto 42 when traveling in Florence, SA there looked at me like I'm insane. He was very surprised when I told him that's what I wear in US because he wasn't aware they make upto that size. Oh well, with the exception of Dutch, most Europeans were petite compared to Americans... I guess US just has to order lot more larger sizes out of necessity!

It might be worth to order from elsewhere, even with the custom. From what I heard, aren't Chanels usually the most expensive over there? It's quite possible the custom might not be that bad when compared to the mark up in price in Asia, especially if you order from UK. Or perhaps from US later when they go on sale.

It might be worth to order from elsewhere, even with the custom. From what I heard, aren't Chanels usually the most expensive over there? It's quite possible the custom might not be that bad when compared to the mark up in price in Asia, especially if you order from UK. Or perhaps from US later when they go on sale.

That is a very good point actually :tup:
Prices here are astronomical compared to the US. I've only been to the UK Duty Free so not too sure how they all compare.

Can anyone recommend a friendly SA / boutique / outlet where I could order for shipment overseas?

Also, I'd be guessing at sizing - the size 42 ballet flats were too big, the 41.5 is OK but needs a little wearing in.
So I'd probably be safer going for a 42 in boots?

Expat - I think Japan would stock only smaller sizes.
I bought a pair of Chanel shoes a couple of years ago from US, and it seems most of thier width comes in B, so i found them too narrow. If you are B, ordering fm US should be fine. I noticed the shoes in Japan are width C. Hope this is of some help to you.

Thank you Kaban, that's really useful info. I went to my local boutique yesterday for a further session of torture :rolleyes:.

The SA speaks a little English so I was able to get a conclusive response - Japan does not order any shoes over what I think translates to be a 38. Damn.

So, either I wait a year, possibly longer until I'm back in the UK again.
Or persuade DH we need to go to Hawaii / Guam for a holiday again (this is extremely unlikely :sad:).

Or plan C... try and order from a friendly SA in the States...

But am now a little worried the boots from the States won't fit as I have quite wide feet. The 41.5 ballet flats I got in the UK are OK but not sure what the width is.

These are the main ones I'm after (in a 42). I am also looking for some more ballet flats - black & white and black with the silver toe cap.

Basically, anything with low heels :shame: :yes:

Attachments

• boots.gif
    boots.gif
    79.6 KB · Views: 138
We need to adopt a sister so we can help the Make a Wish come true. I know it sounds tongue in cheek ala sarcastic, but it would work as an exchange.

Another thought -- if the buyers realize times are a changing and there is indeed a market, then let them know. They don't buy because they don't realize there are customers. Most likely the buyer(s) will respond to group for them to see it's not just one client asking but many.

We need to adopt a sister so we can help the Make a Wish come true. I know it sounds tongue in cheek ala sarcastic, but it would work as an exchange.

Another thought -- if the buyers realize times are a changing and there is indeed a market, then let them know. They don't buy because they don't realize there are customers. Most likely the buyer(s) will respond to group for them to see it's not just one client asking but many.

Haha! I'm up for adoption! :tup:

I agree with your 2nd para as well - but here, I just think there is no demand. It's just l'il ol' me wanting larger shoes :P.
Shall we email Chanel en masse demanding more 42s? :graucho:

Off to Seoul in a couple of days so I'll see what they have there and if nothing, I'll start pestering SAs in other countries.