Degrassi Goes Hollywood

downrabbithole

theatre fashionista
Jul 3, 2008
Okay, admit it, who's going to watch it?

I have a soft spot for the show and it hasn't been the same since they got ride a lot of the older characters. Plus Mia's going to be gone soon for that Vampire Show (poor Peter, lost two girlfriends to the CW :P). I'm excited to see Paige, Manny, Emma, Craig, Marco and Ellie return!:yahoo:

I admit it too...I'll be watching. :shame: But like many of you, I liked the older characters. I haven't watched the newer seasons since Paige, Ellie, Marco, etc. left.

But I'm excited Craig will be in the movie. I love him!

I remember watching this when it first came out, and that was a very long time ago, maybe before some of you were born. It was interesting, but I never got deep into it.

Recently I watched a few episodes of the new version, and got a bit confused. It's in a high school now? The original was in junior high. I know that many of the actors are older playing younger kids, but in the ones I saw, it looks like the characters are in ther 20's. It almost looks like it's set in some type of college. One episode had several bar scenes with adults. Hardly Degrassi material.

I might try a few more, but so far I'm not impressed by the new series.

Attachments

• degrassi.jpg
    degrassi.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
^^Hah! That's a great flashback picture!

I remember the original series but didn't watch it. I had a friend that loved it and was a devoted viewer. A couple of years ago the N actually aired the older episodes for a while and I caught up on several of them then. Such a great flashback to the 80's :P

Anyway, to answer a few of your questions... When I first started watching the newer Degrassi, I believe the school was a combination of junior high & high school. I remember Emma, Manny, JT, etc. were in grade 7 and the older characters (Paige, Spinner, Ashley, etc.) were in grade 8.

These characters continued through junior high & high school and the show even followed some of them through to college so maybe that's where the bar scenes came from? I know that the episodes that are currently airing here in the US has Emma, Manny & Liberty in college.

By the way, since you're familiar with the original series, did you know the character Emma is the daughter Spike had when she was a teen-ager? All grown up now!