Defect on Epi Leather ?

balen.girl

IG : balengirl
O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
Hi Epi lovers.. Please help me to check on my petit noe leather. There are marks, like dots on the leather.
I didn't use the bag often. Is this defect or it's normal ? Is there any coating over the leather ? I feel like the coating is peeling or something.
I have alma BB in epi and so far I didn't see any marks/dots on it. My epi BB is older than my petit noe.
Thanks for your opinion.
IMG_1494329010.217198.jpg
IMG_1494329021.512950.jpg

Hi Epi lovers.. Please help me to check on my petit noe leather. There are marks, like dots on the leather.
I didn't use the bag often. Is this defect or it's normal ? Is there any coating over the leather ? I feel like the coating is peeling or something.
I have alma BB in epi and so far I didn't see any marks/dots on it. My epi BB is older than my petit noe.
Thanks for your opinion.
View attachment 3693208
View attachment 3693209
The only thing I have to go off of is those pics, but it looks like the bag might have been rubbed up against an abrasive surface. If that's the case then LV would consider it natural wear and tear.

The only thing I have to go off of is those pics, but it looks like the bag might have been rubbed up against an abrasive surface. If that's the case then LV would consider it natural wear and tear.

As far as i remember, it's never rubbed up on abrasive surface. I just got this bag on last March and only wear 2 or 3 times.

As far as i remember, it's never rubbed up on abrasive surface. I just got this bag on last March and only wear 2 or 3 times.
Unfortunately that's all it takes, but Epi leather is pretty tough and can take a good beating while still looking fabulous. I know that there's days that I've walked out the front door, my bag in perfect condition, and by the time I get home I've somehow managed to get white scuffs all over the canvas. For the life of me I don't know where they come from:whut:

I know Epi is super durable. That is why i wonder what happened to my bag. Because the spot happened in 2 area and it doesn't look normal to me.
I better bring back to LV and ask for their opinion.

I have 4 Epi leather LV handbags. I too have had this happen on two if my handbags. Little white spots would appear here and there. I decided to fix it myself. I do not want to give any advice to anybody about fixing this problem on their own. I did take black artists acrylic paint and carefully used a toothpick with a tiny amount of paint and artfully fixed the problem pretty well. I cannot find the "repair" if i tried. I think the coating on these bags can chip off, not from any wear and tear issue.though. It just seems to happen. I would take the bag to the LV store and see what they will do. Again, I am not suggesting that you fix it yourself.

Thanks for your opinion.
View attachment 3693208
View attachment 3693209

Hi OP
This you figure this out? I know this is an old post but a preloved noe that I’m looking at has similar dots and I’m searching to figure out whether I can fix it