Decorated Ergo Pics - Great Alternative to Gold Hardware Fobs!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
My XL Mahogany Ergo Hobo 12236 from 2008 is my favorite bag. I first began carrying her around 5 weeks ago and I keep thinking that "it's time to switch bags" but I don't want to stop wearing her!

She has lovely, simple, classic lines so I thought it would be fun to decorate her with a fob - but I like to match the hardware on the bag to the fob and unfortunately Coach makes few brass fobs.

I decided that a gold cupcake fob might work well even though it has silver hardware. It is a large, highly decorative fob that would look good on a big, plain bag and it has a lot of gold leather to offset the silver hardware.

The next challenge was "where on earth to attach the fob?!" I worry that they may fall off if I use the handtag chain but the Ergo only has a ring pull on the zipper and it is not a good place to directly attach a big fob.

The solution was to remove the charm from a letter "u" (or "x") fob that I had picked up at the outlet for around $4 and use the gold dogleash hardware to attach the cupcake to the ring pull. I'm really pleased with the results!

Here are some pics. The first photo was done with the flash. The next 2 are without flash but they show the fob colors and detail well. I also included a picture of the fully loaded interior to showcase my new Kristin raisin checkbook wallet, and finally, a pic of the ergo, fob, and wallet.

I hope that you also enjoy "my solution" to the gold vs. silver hardware problem! They still have some of the gold cupcakes at the outlet for $29 minus 30% (or around $20).

Attachments

• ergo_cupcake1.jpg
    ergo_cupcake1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 365
  • ergo_cupcake3.jpg
    ergo_cupcake3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 345
  • ergo_cupcake4.jpg
    ergo_cupcake4.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 283
  • ergo_cupcake7.jpg
    ergo_cupcake7.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 270
  • ergo_cupcake8.jpg
    ergo_cupcake8.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Nice! That's so creative! I love that cupcake fob.

I've always hesitated when putting charms on my Ergo. I'm the same way - I feel scared putting it on the chain.

Nice! That's so creative! I love that cupcake fob.

I've always hesitated when putting charms on my Ergo. I'm the same way - I feel scared putting it on the chain.

I know, I love the bag because it is so simple and sleek, but there's not a lot of hardware for decorations!

love :heart: it! The cupcake fob is soo cute! ive got to find 1!

I love the cupcake fob, it's so cute - but it's a pretty large and shiny fob. I think it works well on a large bag that doesn't already have a whole lot of bling.

I love to decorate my bags with fobs but some of them have so much going on that I don't think it looks good to add more bling. I bought an initial "K" fob to hang on my Bridgit, but I haven't used it because I decided that Bridgit is kind of small and she has enough decoration all by herself!

Last edited: