Decisions, decisions ! Help....Sully, Portobello, Speedy B

i've looked at all 3 and chose speedy b 30. the straps on the sully and portobello were too obstructive to the zipper opening for me and the styles were just a little too plain. i will always be a fan of the speedy.

I'm looking at the speedy 25 so I may have a problem with obstruction on that too. I really liked it a lot when I tried it. I loved the options the long three piece strap gives

Ugh...the snow, the salt, the rain! Why do I stay in this state? Well DE is perfect for this weather. Are you thinking of a speedy B? It is so very versatile.

I do love the speedy b however i am switching things up a bit in my collection and going for the Damier Alma and purchasing an adjustable strap for it. I really love that bag :smile:.

I think your analysis is kind of dead on. I was wondering about ease of getting in and out of the 25 and sully. It seems the portobello would be easiest. So do you just love your PM?

I do love my portobello. It's so easy and carefree to use. It looks nice. It's plenty big for what you and I need. I really like the fact it has one big zipper pocket inside plus two smaller side pockets. Since I don't carry much I tend to leave my wallet inside the zipper pocket so I don't have to dig around for it. I don't think Sully is any more difficult in getting things in and out compare to portobello.

I do love my portobello. It's so easy and carefree to use. It looks nice. It's plenty big for what you and I need. I really like the fact it has one big zipper pocket inside plus two smaller side pockets. Since I don't carry much I tend to leave my wallet inside the zipper pocket so I don't have to dig around for it. I don't think Sully is any more difficult in getting things in and out compare to portobello.

I love the idea of a zipper pocket too. Thats a good idea to keep your wallet where you can easily find it. Thank you for your input

I really love the inside of the portobello. I really love the bag. What I really want are enough funds to get the speedy b and the portobello. Oh a girl can dream. :graucho:

krissypoo1975 said:
After a long hiatus of being able to splurge on fun things for myself (thank you bad economy) I'm finally able to get a new bag. I currently carry a Thames DE PM everyday. It's my favorite. I also have a Stresa PM but find it to be large for me for every day. Plus in western PA every surface seems to be covered with salt or snow from November till march!

My choices are:

Sully PM
Portobello PM
Speedy B 25 DE

I'm torn. I like them all. I love the ease of DE but the mono on the sully is very nice. This would be a bag I would carry every day. I like eas and comfort and I think the all fit the bill. I'm not worried about needing a speedy for my collection. I just think its a cute little bag. I generally would carry it with the shoulder strap. The sully and portobello are more my style but I worry about armpit clearance. I also worry about my stuff getting lost. I only carry a Zippy compact wallet, iPhone 4 and case, a card holder and a few odds and ends.

A little about me. I'm 5'6" and about 140 . I have 4 children ages 9, 7, 4, and 2. I'm busy and on the go. I generally carry my children's things in another bag so I can leave it in the stroller or car.

I'm excited to make my purchase hopefully for valentines day. Any input would be great appreciated. Thanks:smile:

Since you already own 2 shoulder bags, I think you should get the speedy b 25 or 30. I current own an empreinte speedy b 25 and I love it. It's my first and only speedy. You can carry it on you forearm, shoulder or crossbody. I also have little kids and love to where it crossbody. It's very elegant yet practical for mothers like us. The speedy 25 is ok for me but most women find it too small so make sure to try on them for comparison. Good luck on deciding!

I love the idea of a zipper pocket too. Thats a good idea to keep your wallet where you can easily find it. Thank you for your input

I really love the inside of the portobello. I really love the bag. What I really want are enough funds to get the speedy b and the portobello. Oh a girl can dream. :graucho:

Hehe, getting both would be ideal..:smile:

To be honest, the different ways you can carry speedy is really nice. I like 25 but didn't get it because I know the opening would drive me nuts. If the zipper goes down the sides a bit like the empreinte I would totally go for it. If the opening wouldn't bother you then why not go for the speedy? You can always get Portobello PM later. Seeing what you already have, a speedy would be a nice change. And with the strap it is a very practical and versatile bag. I carry my idylle speedy mostly on my shoulder with long strap. Sometimes when I need my hands completely free, I just make the strap longer and carry crossbody. Another very easy to use bag. Only down side is my stuff getting lost in there. No zipper compartment. I have to out a pouchette in there to hold my wallet and some odds and ends so I don't have to dig around. I am assuming with a 25 that would be less of a problem.

By the way, I had a DE Thames GM and didn't love it. Ended up selling it. I often thought that I should've bought the PM instead. Oh well, Portobello filled the DE gap..haha... I think Stresa is a very beautiful bag. I like how light weight it is. The only thing that stopped me from buying a DA one is its way too big for my needs. Nonetheless, I still think that bag beautiful.

Since you already own 2 shoulder bags, I think you should get the speedy b 25 or 30. I current own an empreinte speedy b 25 and I love it. It's my first and only speedy. You can carry it on you forearm, shoulder or crossbody. I also have little kids and love to where it crossbody. It's very elegant yet practical for mothers like us. The speedy 25 is ok for me but most women find it too small so make sure to try on them for comparison. Good luck on deciding!

I agree with this post and I have the portobello GM and I have to place the bag down to unzip and get my wallet out. The speedy b 30 may be a better for you because you have the options of wearing it different ways plus when it's cross body you can unzip without having to place on the counter when shopping and I know it's hard to keep your eyes on your bag and your child so it maybe better. That's just my opinion good luck with your decision - I know it's so hard to choose the right bag!

Hehe, getting both would be ideal..:smile:

To be honest, the different ways you can carry speedy is really nice. I like 25 but didn't get it because I know the opening would drive me nuts. If the zipper goes down the sides a bit like the empreinte I would totally go for it. If the opening wouldn't bother you then why not go for the speedy? You can always get Portobello PM later. Seeing what you already have, a speedy would be a nice change. And with the strap it is a very practical and versatile bag. I carry my idylle speedy mostly on my shoulder with long strap. Sometimes when I need my hands completely free, I just make the strap longer and carry crossbody. Another very easy to use bag. Only down side is my stuff getting lost in there. No zipper compartment. I have to out a pouchette in there to hold my wallet and some odds and ends so I don't have to dig around. I am assuming with a 25 that would be less of a problem.

By the way, I had a DE Thames GM and didn't love it. Ended up selling it. I often thought that I should've bought the PM instead. Oh well, Portobello filled the DE gap..haha... I think Stresa is a very beautiful bag. I like how light weight it is. The only thing that stopped me from buying a DA one is its way too big for my needs. Nonetheless, I still think that bag beautiful.

I am slightly worried about the opening on the 25 and I'm a little worried the 30 would be too big...but for $25 difference it seems the 30 is the way way better value ! Honestly my Stresa sits in my closet because it is way to big for me on a daily basis! It is so pretty but I haven't used it in over a year :sad: I love my Thames PM. Really love it.:love: My husband bought me the GM but I exchanged for the smaller size. I preferred the proportions of the pm.
Thank you for all of your help:smile: