Deciding between two oak Bays from photos, help!!!

Thanks for the input, everyone! KLP's photos of that amaaaaazing patinated Bays just clinched it, and I ended up going with my first impulse. No. 1 has just been shipped out and should be here by early next week :yahoo:

[For US Mulberry fans, I bought her from ShopOPM.com with the 25% off code that I saw posted on the deals sticky. They've been fantastic so far: it's a nice change to get a discount on Mulberry that isn't canceled out by international shipping costs, and the boutique owner Susan has been really helpful. The only problem is that I keep drooling over the other bags in stock...]

I'm not sure if you have already made your decision because I'm late to this thread but I prefer Number 1 but I'm not sure why.

KLP - I'm pleased to see your Bays, its looks lovely. Mine is really grainy too but most of the others I have seen are smoother and I wasn't sure I liked mine being so grainy but seeing how lovely yours looks, makes me feel better about mine! (if that makes sense).

Excellent! I'm sure you'll love it, pigby - and in such a sunny climate, yours will soon achieve a patina like mine!

Hula, if you're lusting that badly I think you're going to have to just bite the bullet and get one. :yes:

Ali-b, yes, that makes sense! I do love the grain on my oak Bays and I like the fact that it hasn't gone really smooth with age.

^^^ Only 1 more day until I can try one on KLP!

I think if I get on with the style though, I want a used one because a pristine oak bays doesnt appeal so much as a patina'd one.

^^YAY!

ITA re getting a pre-loved one. A well patinated one is so much prettier than a brand new one, and an added bonus is that someone else will have done the hard work!

Thanks, Sterre! I don't know what exactly they have that isn't listed (mostly new season bags, I think), but if you call or email you should get a response pretty quickly. Sorry I'm not more help!