December 21, 2012 - The End???

Wasn't the end of the world supposed to be 1984? Oh, wait, wasn't it supposed to be 2000? I honestly don't care. The end of the world is the day I die, and I'm certaintly not wasting time worrying about when that will be.

Does this mean I don't have to pay my student loans back ? Yipee ! :nuts:

I don't want to think about the world ending that soon , I like to think of my future and what will achieve in the future :nogood:

:roflmfao: Ah, that's lovely and now that you've got your chair, it will be alot easier to bake your cake. Your brother is one lucky man :biggrin:

Oh, yes. And he so loves my cooking.

Jeez, I hate that song by Enya. Is that the prereq song for the end of the world??? If that song was never made, do you think all these disasters could be avoided. It's all her fault you know!

HAHA! I agree, it's all her fault! End of the world, end of a relationship, she's to blame.

Wasn't the end of the world supposed to be 1984? Oh, wait, wasn't it supposed to be 2000? I honestly don't care. The end of the world is the day I die, and I'm certaintly not wasting time worrying about when that will be.

First I remember was 1973, then 84, then 2000... think there was a prediction for sometime in the 90's too. Nostradamos prediction. 1996? I forget now.

When I was young, there was a cartoon with a scraggly guy who always wore a sandwich board proclaiming the end of the world... only after the sign said "The World Will End In __ Days", there would be an exception... such as "Unless you owe the IRS", or "Unless your ex-wife wants more alimony."

people have been trying to predict "the end" for centuries. As a Christian, I trust God. He said no man knows when the end will come. So when we do try, we look foolish. But it definitely will. Even if you don't believe in God, you can't dispute that this world as we know it is approaching death. Our resources are finite. Left to our own rationale, we'll kill each other (or at least our governments will). No matter what, I know where I am going when I die. Thats all that matters to me. Today, tomorrow, 1000 years from now. I'll be in peace.

Just keep reminding me so I wont buy christmas gifts that year ok! Im totally gone shop like crazy for myself then on november21st and just marvel in all my new shopping treasures, and hey I wont have to worry about paying my card off the next month. SWEET!:roflmfao:

people have been trying to predict "the end" for centuries. As a Christian, I trust God. He said no man knows when the end will come. So when we do try, we look foolish. But it definitely will. Even if you don't believe in God, you can't dispute that this world as we know it is approaching death. Our resources are finite. Left to our own rationale, we'll kill each other (or at least our governments will). No matter what, I know where I am going when I die. Thats all that matters to me. Today, tomorrow, 1000 years from now. I'll be in peace.

Nicely said BagsnShoo!

haha i remember in 4th grade sitting in the cafetaria with the rest of my class when somebody said that he heard that the world was going to end when we were 17, and that was lets see 1993, we were 17 in 2000, so yep 8 years have past since then haha i dont think anybody actually knows for sure when the world is going to end..

All those ancient races are praised for their "accurate predictions." I guess they probably didn't bother to record all of their INACCURATE predictions.

They also didn't bother to note that although their predictions *did* come true, it wasn't exactly as they'd predicted it. An oracle made a prediction in one of the ancient Greek wars that "a great kingdom would fall." Well, no kidding! Isn't that what usually happened in those wars? But the oracle was praised for having "amazing" powers.

In any case, I'm living my life as if the world is never going to end, and if it does come along, well i'll deal with it then.

I actually used to have this weird feeling I would die at the age of 29.5 years old or so. I think it was just some fear of turning 30. Now I'm 35 so obviously it didn't happen.