DE Speedy with vachetta handles

Thanks for posting Elliespurse! I found the comments in this thread a little irritating. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's fake. People who claim to "LVoe" LV don't bother to educate themselves on the brand. Special order items are really unique and since LV no longer offers this service, are hard to find! I just saw a damier alma with vachetta handles sell on Bonanza literally within one day.

The bag on FP was made in 1996, if you just started collecting LV recently and don't know the history, maybe you should not comment so hastily...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Elliespurse! I found the comments in this thread a little irritating. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's fake. People who claim to "LOVE" LV don't bother to educate themselves on the brand. Special order items are really unique and since LV no longer offers this service, are hard to find! I just saw an alma sell on Bonanza literally within one day. The bag on FP is from 1996, if you just started collecting LV recently and don't know the history, maybe you should not comment so hastily...

I don't really think thats a fair assumption. I think the OP was asking how we felt about it (if we liked it or not). I did know about this, but to me I personally don't care for it. There are many bags that I like that other people don't care for. If people in this thread didn't know about this, its ok! At least they now know it's something that LV made. I don't think people meant for it to sound insulting.

Thanks for posting Elliespurse! I found the comments in this thread a little irritating. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's fake. People who claim to "LVoe" LV don't bother to educate themselves on the brand. Special order items are really unique and since LV no longer offers this service, are hard to find! I just saw a damier alma with vachetta handles sell on Bonanza literally within one day.

The bag on FP was made in 1996, if you just started collecting LV recently and don't know the history, maybe you should not comment so hastily...

+1. I agree with this. I just got my first lv in 2012, but I don't assume bags are fake. I always realize some bags could be limited or special orders.
I think it's unfortunate that lv doesn't do custom orders like this anymore. I know the have the HM service, but you can't order any bag (I know they had to be made for 2 years, so not any) with different canvas or trim. People always say I'd love that bag in this print instead. It's nice that you used to have the option to order everyday bags.
There is a clubhouse for these bags. Tulip on here has a gorgeous DA trevi. I'd never assume a bag is fake just because I wasn't familiar with it.

I think DE with vachetta leather look intresting! :P
I wish LV continued on making special orders with canvas. :hrmm:
Having a special order on canvas, can make the canvas line feel more luxurious and more special to have...

I actually like it better than the actual DE Speedy if I had the extra cash I would buy it right now.
And I wouldn't care if "people" thought it was a fake as long as I knew that it was authentic.
I know that "people" tend to think all manner of things that aren't true and I buy my bags for me not "people."

Just wanted to add before I get flogged: of course everyone is free to like what they want! If you don't like DE with vachetta that's totally your prerogative. My issue was the assumption that it was fake solely because it was unfamiliar.

And of course when buying pre-LVoed items you should always get them authenticated first.

Just wanted to add before I get flogged: of course everyone is free to like what they want! If you don't like DE with vachetta that's totally your prerogative. My issue was the assumption that it was fake solely because it was unfamiliar.

And of course when buying pre-LVoed items you should always get them authenticated first.

Just to let you know I wasn't trying to come off poorly, maybe I just read your comment wrong! :smile:

I knew about these limited and special order pieces before (I've been buying lv since the 90's). However, all the bags I've seen that are de with 'vachetta' handles are terrible and very obvious fakes. Most lv I see locally are fakes unfortunately.
A lot of people who don't have much knowledge of lv would immediately assume this bag was fake whether on this forum or not and I think that's why people would feel uncomfortable carrying it.

Fashionphile has had fakes on their web site I be seen an lv multicolor with a red lv I would suggest not purchasing from them.

They have listed the occasional fake, but overall are pretty good; all secondhand items should be authenticated before purchasing though.

Some LV MC items have red lining, and some pieces have a red color in the logo patterning as well.

if my cousin didn't have this same bag and I hadn't been there at the boutique when she purchased it I would have def thought it was fake. Lol at the op's frankenspeedy