DE Speedy handles - how much of a problem is it really?

Mishlady

Jun 19, 2013
Ive seen several posts about de speedy handles peeling due to sweat, sunscreen, etc but they all seem to be several years old or on preloved bags that are a few years old. Is this still a problem? I love my DE and want to carry it all spring and summer, but not if it's going to ruin it. Anyone have any experience with carrying a de in the summer and it being ok? Thanks!!

Ive seen several posts about de speedy handles peeling due to sweat, sunscreen, etc but they all seem to be several years old or on preloved bags that are a few years old. Is this still a problem? I love my DE and want to carry it all spring and summer, but not if it's going to ruin it. Anyone have any experience with carrying a de in the summer and it being ok? Thanks!!
In my opinion it's hand sanitizer that is not dry on the hands before handling the bag that will ruin the handles. My DE speedy 35 is 5 years old and I always use hand lotion and sun screen and mine is fine!

Mine is several years old and the only bag I can say I got my money's worth.
My handles have started to peel but I think it occurred from rubbing against each other - I tended to have them overlap when I carried it. It's my beater bag and held up really well. I will have the handles replaced at some point but other than that, it has been a great bag!