De Passage à Tokyo scarf

There were 2 versions of the scarf. Ther Ginza one was sold only in Japan - it is the "special issue" thus the special label. The Tokyo one was sold everywhere including Hermes.com

Do any scarf experts here know why this "De Passage à Tokyo" scarf is called "L'air de Ginza"? It says "De Passage à Ginza" instead of "Tokyo" and it even has a "L'air de Ginza" tag. Are there two versions of the same scarf?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-HERMES-LAIR-DE-GINZA-Scarf_W0QQitemZ160231255438QQihZ006QQcategoryZ45243QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wowowowowow. This one is a beauty....

53d1_1_b.JPG

55b9_1.JPG

That red and gold is just beautiful. I looked and looked for a black and white one after seeing Rose's. I was lucky enough to find one and I absolutely love it! Thanks to you, Rose...

me too. I saw Rose's and my friend went to Tokyo and I had him find me one. He walked in to the store and asked for it and they commented on such wonderful taste his wife had. He had no idea what he was doing but he was successful and brought me home the black and white ginza.

^^^
Hilarious. It is because of Rose's black Passage a Tokyo scarf that I was on the hunt for one too. The closest I could find was a navy blue/light blue version. It's nice, but not as nice as the black/white issue...

I justified the purchase by telling myself it would go with all my jean skirts. Being a scarf idiot, I still have not worn it...

^^^
Hilarious. It is because of Rose's black Passage a Tokyo scarf that I was on the hunt for one too. The closest I could find was a navy blue/light blue version. It's nice, but not as nice as the black/white issue...

I justified the purchase by telling myself it would go with all my jean skirts. Being a scarf idiot, I still have not worn it...

Message for all scarf idiots on this board: if you're feeling bad that you are not wearing your scarves, I would be glad to ensure that the poor little orphans find a good home.

For a small fee, of course. :graucho:

Seriously, though, Birkin123, there's at least one active thread right now, begun by a member who isn't comfortable wearing scarves, discussing some simple ways to do so. No need to let that lovely item sit unused -- take it out and try it! Spring's a great time to experiment with fashion. :yes: