DBTY with CBTY - anyone have pics?

Pagan

Sep 6, 2017
I wear a DBTY RG .17 necklace 24/7 with a RG open heart 16mm. I extended both because I was heavier when I bought them; the DBTY is 18" and the OH is 20".

I've lost 40 pounds and my neck is much smaller. I was considering shortening the DBTY back to 16" but I've had my eye on the ruby CBTY for awhile and my hubby offered to get it for me for my upcoming birthday. I would leave it at the 16" length now because that's plenty long.

I'm looking at the .11 ruby; aside from cost considerations, I think the .23 would overshadow the DBTY. Does anyone have both and wear them together? If so, I'd love to see pics.

I have a January birthday so my birthstone is red (garnet) and it's my favourite colour. I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of a CBTY and would likely wear it stacked with the DBTY.

Any thoughts?

Congratulations on losing 40 pounds! I think either size would look great with your necklace. The .23 is bigger, but not by much. The color would draw your eye to either one- but the .23 probably more. Will you ever wear the ruby on its own?

• Love
Reactions: Pagan and 880
Congrats on your weight loss, your upcoming birthday, and your thoughtful DH! if you wear them together all the time, perhaps the smaller one. If you think you may wear the new one alone, go bigger? Hope you can share some action pics soon!

Thank you both! I ended up ordering the .11; stores aren't open here so I can't go in and try them on. If I thought I'd wear it alone, I'd have gone for the larger size. I love my DBTY though and don't really want to have to choose between them.

Hopefully it won't look ridiculously small; if it does, i'll send it back.

The CBTY was crazy small; took it out, packed it up and took it back to UPS. The bigger size is over $2k Canadian; for that price, there are other items I would prefer.