day 6 and worried the price will get stuck?

Oh please do let us know how your listing ends. Also at that time I would be interested in knowing the brand of the bag...not your seller ID or the listing just simply the brand.

And, as an FYI, 99% of the time I list my high end bags with a BIN. That's it. I am grateful that I am not paying a consignment store 30-50% of the take and just suck up the ebay fees.

so.... wait, I lose money for doing a bid? if someone wins ( which they will now) some of the money will go somewhere else?
Maybe I took that the complete wrong way.

You pay a fee no matter how you sell it on Ebay. However your fee is lower if you do an auction rather than a BIN. Normally you pay a fee for listing (although right now Ebay is offering free listings for auctions, not BIN, so you got that for free). But once the bag sells, you pay 2 more fees: 1. Final Value Fee (FVF) and 2. Paypal fee.

The FVF is a percentage of the final selling price. For auctions, it's roughly 9%

I don't recall the PayPal fee, something like 2.9%

so.... wait, I lose money for doing a bid? if someone wins ( which they will now) some of the money will go somewhere else?
Maybe I took that the complete wrong way.

The Rolbe calculator can help you calculate the Final Value Fees. Also, when you posted the auction up on ebay, you have already agreed to an insertion fee. That's a fee that you pay no matter if it sells or not.

Btw, the other seller might not have relisted the bag because your auction was ending soon and since it is an identical item, they might be waiting till your's end to see what to do next...

Oh please do let us know how your listing ends. Also at that time I would be interested in knowing the brand of the bag...not your seller ID or the listing just simply the brand.

And, as an FYI, 99% of the time I list my high end bags with a BIN. That's it. I am grateful that I am not paying a consignment store 30-50% of the take and just suck up the ebay fees.

since the listing is over, the bag was a Cole Haan.

113.50 + 10.00 shipping.

actually, the buyer hasn't paid yet after we specified payment was expected within 24 hours of end of bid and I hope we don't have problems.... grr

You pay a fee no matter how you sell it on Ebay. However your fee is lower if you do an auction rather than a BIN. Normally you pay a fee for listing (although right now Ebay is offering free listings for auctions, not BIN, so you got that for free). But once the bag sells, you pay 2 more fees: 1. Final Value Fee (FVF) and 2. Paypal fee.

The FVF is a percentage of the final selling price. For auctions, it's roughly 9%

I don't recall the PayPal fee, something like 2.9%

okay, my dad has been ebaying for years and doesn't recall having to pay fees for his auctions. Do you only have to pay the FVF if you do a second chance offer? ( we might have to do this).
And these two fees are on EVERYTHING.. auction or not?

okay, my dad has been ebaying for years and doesn't recall having to pay fees for his auctions. Do you only have to pay the FVF if you do a second chance offer? ( we might have to do this).
And these two fees are on EVERYTHING.. auction or not?

If and when your buyer pays,paypal will automatically deduct their fee.
e-Bay's FVF will be billed to the persons account you used for the auction.
If you do end up doing a second chance offer fees will still be incurred.

No, it's always been like this. Your dad may have had his Ebay bill paid automatically with his PayPal balance and so may have had it all happening without him having to physically do anything.

Also, there are fees for listing as well and you pay those whether your item sells or not. But you avoided those because Ebay is running a free auction listing promotion right now. But again, your dad could be paying it all automatically.

If Ebay didn't charge anything, how would they make money?

^ right. I always trust him on everything and he was talking like he'd never been charged at the end of an auction, but I'm guessing he just didn't realize it.