Dawn's small but well-loved collection

Hi Miss_Dawn, congratulations on your beautiful coat and scarf! Lovely additions.

I completely missed this shout out, dear friend. Thanks for the Reissue compliments. I love coming back to your thread and reading your stories. You have a thoughtful and wonderful voice.

Wow, amazing recognition for all of your hard work. Well done, well deserved!
Oh my, your red Caviar Boy is a total knockout! I love the rich colour! What a wonderful memento of your work accomplishments. I hope you wear your Boy often and remember how great you feel right now! It’s a gorgeous piece in your swoon worthy collection! :hugs::yahoo::drinks:
That is a very kind message @More bags

Nice to "see" you after awhile! I really appreciate the nice words about my work stuff. It's just nice to feel, once in a while, like things are going well, and it's so kind of all my friends to share my pleasure. I just know that whenever I carry this Boy (which I haven't dared to do yet! It's so perfect!) it will remind me of this feeling. My Lady in Red moment. :heart:

@Dextersmom here is my varied collection. Post #148 above :flowers:
Only 2 Chanels, but my HG is really all I wanted, and I got it last year for my 30th. I have good hair days whenever I carry it and it's magical :hbeat:
My collection is definitely not as pretty as yours, but it brings me a lot of pleasure to open my wardrobe and think about my different bags and all the memories :love:
Thank you again for the compliments on my Boy :heart:

!!!!! SOOOOOOOO beautiful, thanks for the post#!!! Now I have to read this thread from the beginning, bc I want to be you!!! :biggrin:

Dear Iamminda
I'm overwhelmed by how sweet this message is :hugs:

I will convey the compliments to Mr Dawn. Thank you :drinks: Our mutual friend @Kendie26 calls him the "infamous" and "fabulous" Mr Dawn. :giggle: Mr Dawn is sending you his regards :wave:

Of my disposable income, the biggest absorbers of my pennies are home, travel and bags. :heart:

I think the 3 you've picked from my bag collection are my current favourite work bags. :love: Also, thank you for liking my SLGs and various collections :blush:

The collage in my Pochette picture is my Jane Austen mood board. I made it myself; I bought quote cards in Hampshire, and ordered a custom frame for it. I love it.

I know you like roses so I'll end this message by attaching 2 rose evening collages of pics from my garden. I took these pictures for my TPF gardening friends, this week, so it's very recent. :hugs:

Reactions: Miss_Dawn
I. SO. ADORE. THIS. BAG.
On my way to work this morning, and I thought next up on my thread should be the blue beauty I'm carrying today. I have important meetings today, and this always feels like a 'power' bag to me. The shape is unusual, and it's eye catching. I often get compliments on it, even from people who don't usually notice bags.

I'm wearing it with a navy silky blouse, sapphire earrings and necklace, and a tanzanite right hand ring: just to coordinate the blues. I think it works.

Anyways, here's the bag - my Salvatore Ferragamo Medium Fiamma in New Iris.:heart:

Seriously, this is HUGELY HELPFUL for my task-at-hand, organizing/unpacking EVERYTHING!!! I get to start over!!! So my Q regarding these- are they stacks or drawers? Such a great idea! Used to use 'Cabidoors' but in new place there are only very tall doors with no room behind them! :confused1:
A glimpse of some of my makeup organisation. The first couple of pictures are clear drawers for the makeup I'm using. Then I have lots of new makeup and brushes, and perfumes etc that I'm not using yet, like these Chanel ones.

These pictures are dedicated to @BigCherry who had to ask ;):giggle::coolio:

(No I'm not a makeup artist.
Yes, I'm fascinated with makeup.
No, I'm rubbish at applying it :angel:)

What a BEAUTIFUL memento of such a celebratory set of events- much love and congratulations! Truly a wonderful story.
(My dear TPF gardening friends, please skip this entry, I've bored you to death with it, but I do love you dearly for all your support!)

This week lots of amazing things happened.

In particular, please indulge me by letting me share a story...

I've been working very hard for months (evenings, weekends), and one thing in particular that I was anxious about was speaking at a conference this week. It's very high profile, 200 delegates, and the speakers line-up was basically a bunch of CEOs plus pipsqueak Dawn. I felt very out-classed and out-ranked and also under a lot of scrutiny. My manager and the head of the company made it clear that the stakes were high.

I did the conference this week and it went amazingly well. It was like something out of a dream how people surrounded me repeatedly to tell me how great my session was, and the most prominent CEO in the line up followed me around to tell me I was a star, that my work was first-rate, and that I should be proud.

I couldn't believe it. Things like that don't happen in real life. You're much more likely to trip, climbing up to the stage, than to feel like a heroine in a song. "Every star in the sky is taking aim at your eyes like a spotlight"...

Other things happened too. I won an important piece of work which had the Head of the company literally dancing in the office! I chaired my first conference, the day after speaking at my high profile one (yes - two conferences in two cities one day after another. I was knackered!!). I had an annual appraisal in which I've been marked as 9/10 ("exceptional").

And I've had such a tough year with personal stuff plus work that I thought I must stop and smell the roses. Do something that will make me remember this one moment of feeling like things are falling into place, at least in the work element of my life.

So Mr Dawn and I went to Selfridges and thought a lot about how to celebrate my moment of feeling like the "Lady in Red". (More songs feeling like a heroine! I have a funny mind!)

After a lot of soul searching, and two polls on TPF, I came home with a beautiful Caviar Boy. She's just been released and she's a burgundy / dark red with gold hardware. She makes my heart sing. And she'll always make me think of my Lady in Red moment (fleeting as it was!) :hbeat::love::yahoo:

Sorry for the essay. Just wanted to share because this thread is a bit of a Diary for me :girlsigh:

!!!!! SOOOOOOOO beautiful, thanks for the post#!!! Now I have to read this thread from the beginning, bc I want to be you!!! :biggrin:

Awww. Thank you :flowers:

I. SO. ADORE. THIS. BAG.

Me too. Fiamma is such a head turner! Especially in this dark cornflower sapphire colour. I love wearing her with matching jewellery. I just feel all polished and a bit unique, when I carry her, because she's a bit different :heart:

Seriously, this is HUGELY HELPFUL for my task-at-hand, organizing/unpacking EVERYTHING!!! I get to start over!!! So my Q regarding these- are they stacks or drawers? Such a great idea! Used to use 'Cabidoors' but in new place there are only very tall doors with no room behind them! :confused1:

These are stackable acrylic drawers from Muji. They were relatively expensive and there are definitely cheaper options available from eBay, but I have found them very useful and customisable.

What a BEAUTIFUL memento of such a celebratory set of events- much love and congratulations! Truly a wonderful story.

That's very kind of you to share in my happiness. Thank you very much :drinks:

Reactions: pianolize
My new Miu Miu ballerina flats. Bought today. Dark sapphire blue in a mixture of lace and patent. Basically just staple neutrals. I buy shoes like these for running around. :heart:

Probably too boring to share, but dear @Iamminda mentioned she'd like to see them. :hugs:

Attachments

• 61D6E440-E31C-46CA-80CC-F386EA593AC9.jpeg
    61D6E440-E31C-46CA-80CC-F386EA593AC9.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 2F4EC794-B6BC-4E4F-98F4-A700D93BAEE6.jpeg
    2F4EC794-B6BC-4E4F-98F4-A700D93BAEE6.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 029A0885-CFA7-4E9A-A738-FB8F09F06AFD.jpeg
    029A0885-CFA7-4E9A-A738-FB8F09F06AFD.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 324