David Yurman silver - is it worth it?

We in NY were fortunate enough to have David Yurman friends & family sales where items were up to 80% off (with an additional 10%). I have a nice little collection of pieces from that sale.

If there is a specific piece you love, go for it.

was wondering why DY didn't have sale since fall 2009. Would love to go, anybody heard of upcoming DY sales in 2011?

I bought a DY piece today at Bloomingdales. Pre-sale. the actual sale starts next friday. 15% off purchase of 300 or more...make it 20% off when you use your bloomingdales card! Its no F&F but 20% off isnt bad

I bought a DY piece today at Bloomingdales. Pre-sale. the actual sale starts next friday. 15% off purchase of 300 or more...make it 20% off when you use your bloomingdales card! Its no F&F but 20% off isnt bad

:nuts: I've not seen any DY on sale at Bloomies! Maybe I should take a trip to check it out!

In my opinion with DY silver or anything designer and branded for that matter you are paying for the name.. I love DY and continue to purchase pieces.. Saying its not with the money because silver is rather inexpensive is like saying an LV isnt worth it because its material isnt expensive... Well just like a designer purse, you are paying for the brand and quality of the workmanship. This is just my opinion though :yes:

Reactions: luprisu
In my opinion with DY silver or anything designer and branded for that matter you are paying for the name.. I love DY and continue to purchase pieces.. Saying its not with the money because silver is rather inexpensive is like saying an LV isnt worth it because its material isnt expensive... Well just like a designer purse, you are paying for the brand and quality of the workmanship. This is just my opinion though :yes:

I got addicted to DY some years ago and bought WAY too many pieces. Wore them often, though, and got many compliments. Still wear large cable bracelet almost daily -- the worst part about DY is that it does seem overpriced for silver, silver tends to wear down quickly where rings are concerned, and polishing that silver all the time gets tedious. Otherwise, I still love the pieces, just wish I had fewer of them. Buying a few pieces you really like seems like a good idea.

was wondering why DY didn't have sale since fall 2009. Would love to go, anybody heard of upcoming DY sales in 2011?

They may not have had enough excess inventory. The DY sale popped up out of nowhere and vanished like an urban myth. It'll probably be back. We just need to keep watching for it.

i m LOVING the diamond confetti necklace i bought this past summer. it was well worth $600 cdn to me. it is a v unique piece like a lot of Yurman designs and i cant buy them here in Canada at least not many of the designs (holts has a few).

if u love it and will enjoy it, then it is worth it.

Here's my take on DY.... My very much older pieces are chunkier and heavier in the feel of the piece. The last time I tried on a DY bracelet I was amazed at how lightweight they became. Don't know why, but they are not the same at all. I know the price of silver has gone way up since my vintage pieces were purchased, but since the quality is not there, I'm going to admire my older pieces and not purchase any more.

I personally love DY silver and think it is worth it. I have 3 bracelts, 2 rings and a necklace and they are in heavy rotation. I am fortunate to live close to a DY boutique, so when I feel like the pieces are looking dingy, I just take them to the store and they clean them for free.

I went into Nordie and tried on a pair of morganite and diamond petite square earrings yesterday! They were very pretty but I'm not sure about paying $1200 for them especially SA said no sale no discount even with opening a Nordie card? I got 10% off at NM so I'm not gonna try Nordie again....still unsure.