David Yurman Gold is vermeil???

We the people are disgusted at the practice of David Yurman and Neiman Marcus.there practice of taking advantage of unawares people when it comes to his jewelry, (ie) Bonded 18k gold, He is stealing from you and me, If the practice was to sell as vermil gold then he would be poor,
18k bonded is a trade word that means plate. people do not know this, until resale.
we must file a class action law suit to stop him and Neiman Marcus from this practice, Who is with me???:graucho:

I have quite a bit of DY from the 90's....
How can you tell which pieces are bonded vs solid? Mine is mainly the large cable and equestrian style with diamonds or garnet/pearl. I haven't worn any of it for years.

texasgirliegirl said:
I have quite a bit of DY from the 90's....
How can you tell which pieces are bonded vs solid? Mine is mainly the large cable and equestrian style with diamonds or garnet/pearl. I haven't worn any of it for years.

Can you post pictures? I'd love to see them! :smile:

On their website it says if a piece has bonded gold or not. It's not like they are lying to people, guess I don't see what all the fuss is about? A lawsuit? Seriously?

David Yurman jewelry is all made in Malaysia now - the quality is gone. He no longer owns the company from what I understand from my estate jeweler. The quality between the new stuff and the old is very different. I won't touch it now. Overpriced and not well made.

Interesting.
When did it begin declining in quality?
I haven't taken mine out of the safe for years...

David Yurman jewelry is all made in Malaysia now - the quality is gone. He no longer owns the company from what I understand from my estate jeweler. The quality between the new stuff and the old is very different. I won't touch it now. Overpriced and not well made.

charleston-mom said:

I had my jeweler look at one of my noblesse bangles and he was APPALLED at the quality! Oh well, I really like the designs and will still add to my collection, but I was sad to hear all the bad news on quality and lack of control :sad:

We the people are disgusted at the practice of David Yurman and Neiman Marcus.there practice of taking advantage of unawares people when it comes to his jewelry, (ie) Bonded 18k gold, He is stealing from you and me, If the practice was to sell as vermil gold then he would be poor,
18k bonded is a trade word that means plate. people do not know this, until resale.
we must file a class action law suit to stop him and Neiman Marcus from this practice, Who is with me???:graucho:

One post, really? Lawsuit? :graucho:

When I ask their CS, I was told India and Thailand for a few pieces that I was interested in. Malaysia may also be one of their factory hubs. Of course, certain pieces and the higher end stuff are still made in USA :yes:

When I ask their CS, I was told India and Thailand for a few pieces that I was interested in. Malaysia may also be one of their factory hubs. Of course, certain pieces and the higher end stuff are still made in USA :yes:

Well, in my opinion, if somebody goes to estate jeweler to ask question about lines they are not producing themselves, they will get all kinds of desirable answers. :graucho: