David Chappelle attacked onstage

and why is Chris Rock up on stand joking "Was that Will Smith?" I'm mean. Yeah Chris Rock isn't talking about the slap but yeah they made a joke about the slap at their first show on their comedy tour but nothing past that. I don't understand what is going with Chris Rock but I did hear that he was going to be making a comedy special about it with his brother, that's the rumor that I've heard.

Reactions: bag-princess
and why is Chris Rock up on stand joking "Was that Will Smith?" I'm mean. Yeah Chris Rock isn't talking about the slap but yeah they made a joke about the slap at their first show on their comedy tour but nothing past that. I don't understand what is going with Chris Rock but I did hear that he was going to be making a comedy special about it with his brother, that's the rumor that I've heard.

i don’t understand what what’s going on with Chris either with that comment.

Reactions: uhpharm01
i don’t understand what what’s going on with Chris either with that comment.
I think it was just off the cuff dark/gallows humour? In that regard it was pretty spot on.

Also, props to Jamie Foxx for defending a friend. Dangerous but also very endearing. It's the kind of person you would want to have around if there is ever any trouble.

I think it was just off the cuff dark/gallows humour? In that regard it was pretty spot on.

Also, props to Jamie Foxx for defending a friend. Dangerous but also very endearing. It's the kind of person you would want to have around if there is ever any trouble.
Sorry, I should have added a question of course to those commenting that Rock shouldn't have joked about Smith, why they think so. Is there something about the situation I missed?

Although a lot of ppl supported Chris after the incident he was so shocked at the time that he was practically speechless. Bravo for recovering so quickly on national TV no less. Now that he had time to process what happened he probably went thru/is going thru a lot of stages. Anger, humiliation, maybe even regret… so imo his remark on stage at Dave’s show was his way of being funny, but also passive aggressive I’m sure. I dunno, but he gets a pass from me for saying that.

I'm not following this. What is the issue with Chris Rock, who it is well established is a comedian, making a joke at a comedy show?

I'm not following this. What is the issue with Chris Rock, who it is well established is a comedian, making a joke at a comedy show?
I do understand he made a joke but I still think that it was a joke made in bad taste. If you don't think that the joke was made in bad taste, this is America and you are entitled to your opinion. I do understand that everyone doesn't see everything the same way. We can agree to disagree. :flowers:

Reactions: jenayb