dating someone shorter (or the same height) as you?

1. this has come up in some conversations i've had recently, so i was wondering what you girls think about it. i prefer guys that are a lot taller than me usually, but i don't think a guy that was the same height (or a litte bit shorter than i am) would bother me. i'm 5'6". i've found guys around that height attractive before. i have a good male friend that is the same height as i am and a little self-conscious about it, and i really don't think he should be. thoughts?

2. I think it depends on what height you are. I am 5'1, and gosh.... I'd have a hard time dating anyone my height or shorter, because I love heels... and usually the guy feels weirded out when I'm much taller than him due to the shoes.

My current beau is 6"4.... so yes... I suppose I'm at the other extreme where I like taller guys :biggrin:

3. I definately can't date a guy that is shorter or of equal height as me,they have to be taller. I'm only 5'2" so they better be taller.:P

4. I like Men to be taller than me, I think these days a man who stands fully grown at 5ft 9 is considered short.:weird:

5. i prefer my men to be at least 6'ish.........i'm really short but i really can't see myself dating a short guy........i like my men towering over me :P

6. My husband is just over an inch taller than me...he thinks he's super short and hates it. He doesnt like me to wear heels. It doesn't bother me one bit though. I love him just how he is.

7. If you've been to amusement parks and they say:

"You must be XXXX to ride this ride"

I'm a 6'0" limit.
    The taller the better.

I'm 5'8" and my DH is 6'2"

8. Well, I think it'd be silly for me to be the same height as a boy I'm seeing, since we'd just look like munchkins together ! :shame: I'm 5'0 so I've never actually ran into this problem...

9. i'm 5'9 and i can deal with 5'7, but not 5'6. i prefer same height or taller.. at a max cap of 6'4-5 ish.. otherwise, it's too much either way.

10. I've never encountered this problem, all the guys that I've dated happened to be much taller than I am (I'm 5'3"). In fact, the tallest guy that I've dated was 6'5". My bf now is 6 feet, and I feel very comfortable with that height difference! :lol:

11. i'm barely 5'3 so my man BETTER be taller than me, lol! i am dating someone who is 5'11 right now but the shortest i've dated was 5'6 i believe. i live in 3-4" heels so 5'6 is probably the shortest i can do.

12. Man, I am only 5'3 my ex was like 5'8 I think 5'8-5'11 is pretty good for me because I like that if I wear high heels I will be about his height. Not too much under and I am small...I don't want to look like a tiny kid around my guy.

13. I'm 5'4" and I'm ok with guys that are "average" height--i.e. 5'9" or 5'10". I'm not so into guys 5'8" and under generally. My measuring stick is more a guy's pant size. If he wears pants smaller than me, that weird me out. I don't want to be the "big chick" dating Jack Sprat from that nursery rhyme!

14. I'm 5"4 and I can't date a guy shorter than me. I did a few years ago and never again!!!

15. I'm barely 5'1 so I've never dated anyone shorter than me. I used to date someone who's 6'2 and the height difference didn't bother me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice