dating someone shorter (or the same height) as you?

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
this has come up in some conversations i've had recently, so i was wondering what you girls think about it. i prefer guys that are a lot taller than me usually, but i don't think a guy that was the same height (or a litte bit shorter than i am) would bother me. i'm 5'6". i've found guys around that height attractive before. i have a good male friend that is the same height as i am and a little self-conscious about it, and i really don't think he should be. thoughts?

I think it depends on what height you are. I am 5'1, and gosh.... I'd have a hard time dating anyone my height or shorter, because I love heels... and usually the guy feels weirded out when I'm much taller than him due to the shoes.

My current beau is 6"4.... so yes... I suppose I'm at the other extreme where I like taller guys :biggrin:

My husband is just over an inch taller than me...he thinks he's super short and hates it. He doesnt like me to wear heels. It doesn't bother me one bit though. I love him just how he is.

If you've been to amusement parks and they say:

"You must be XXXX to ride this ride"

I'm a 6'0" limit.
The taller the better.

I'm 5'8" and my DH is 6'2"

Well, I think it'd be silly for me to be the same height as a boy I'm seeing, since we'd just look like munchkins together ! :shame: I'm 5'0 so I've never actually ran into this problem...

I've never encountered this problem, all the guys that I've dated happened to be much taller than I am (I'm 5'3"). In fact, the tallest guy that I've dated was 6'5". My bf now is 6 feet, and I feel very comfortable with that height difference! :lol:

i'm barely 5'3 so my man BETTER be taller than me, lol! i am dating someone who is 5'11 right now but the shortest i've dated was 5'6 i believe. i live in 3-4" heels so 5'6 is probably the shortest i can do.

Man, I am only 5'3 my ex was like 5'8 I think 5'8-5'11 is pretty good for me because I like that if I wear high heels I will be about his height. Not too much under and I am small...I don't want to look like a tiny kid around my guy.

I'm 5'4" and I'm ok with guys that are "average" height--i.e. 5'9" or 5'10". I'm not so into guys 5'8" and under generally. My measuring stick is more a guy's pant size. If he wears pants smaller than me, that weird me out. I don't want to be the "big chick" dating Jack Sprat from that nursery rhyme!