Date Stamp for my Halzan 31 bag

Chl2015

Dec 12, 2013
I just received my Halzan 31 bag from my SA today. I have noticed that the bag has a date stamp “D” which correspond to 2019 production. Is it common to get “last year” bag this year? Is the production of bag always a year behind? Can I specifically request current year production bags with SA? I really want to make sure my Kelly bag to be current year!

Yes, it’s common. Bags can take a while to get through production in Paris, to allocation, to distribution of physically shipping to the store. A Kelly is probably a bit more likely to be sold within a few months of production as they fly off the shelves but still we’ve seen many reports of similar date delay, and in a few instances even more than one year. I think an SA would be pretty turned off if this were brought up by a customer as a concern, because other than immediate resale value (even then??) I personally can’t see why it would matter. Enjoy your Halzan! :flowers:

Reactions: gracie05
Yes, it’s common. Bags can take a while to get through production in Paris, to allocation, to distribution of physically shipping to the store. A Kelly is probably a bit more likely to be sold within a few months of production as they fly off the shelves but still we’ve seen many reports of similar date delay, and in a few instances even more than one year. I think an SA would be pretty turned off if this were brought up by a customer as a concern, because other than immediate resale value (even then??) I personally can’t see why it would matter. Enjoy your Halzan! :flowers:
Thank you for sharing your insight with me. It is very reassuring to know that it is quite common things to see.

Reactions: acrowcounted