Date codes after 2007: important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2006
I saved different message about date codes after 2007:

in some, there's written that we have only to invert 1st 3rd number, i.e. months and year.

In others, there's written something more complicated, about a new numeration concerning weeks.

And, at least, there's a way to understand from the cod if the bag has the old or the new numeration?

THANKS!
:flowers:Steph.

Vintage date codes with 2 letters and 3 numbers:
First two numbers- Year
Last number- Month

Newer date code after vintage date codes [I believe this format took effect in1990]:
First and third number- Month
Second and fourth number- Year

Newest date code format effective immediately in January 1, 2007:
First and third number- Week
Second and fourth number- Year

A little off-topic but....The newer date codes definitely started after 1989. I have a Speedy 30 with the dated code 891 [Jan. '89] if that helps confirm anything. Perhaps someone with an item from 1990 could help further confirm/deny?

Thanks for sharing such important information. I saw someone trying to sell mahina xxxxx, does this make sense? Seems fishy since this is a new design in 2007? http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250217588138&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:SG:1123. Let me know your views:confused1:

Listing has been removed by eBay

Please post all authenticity questions in the Authenticate This LV thread in the Shopping section and all date code questions in the Date Code Questions thread in the Date Codes section of the LV Reference Library

Status
Not open for further replies.