Date Code Tag in Neverfull Bags

Emily L

Jul 14, 2010
Hi everyone,

(This is being re-posted from the incorrect forum)

I am thinking of getting a Neverfull MM and in looking around at some of the auctions on ebay I have noticed date code tags that are attached to the bag seem along the length of the date code tag and then there are other bags with the date code tag attached at one end.

Does anyone know the actual way the date code tag is attached in an authentic LV bag?

Thanks!
Emily

I've seen both as well. I thought it differed between PM, MM, and GM, but haven't really found a solid answer. Then there are some that the font is different too! Too tricky! I wish they would just stock them soon!

Just got mine from the LV store and it's hidden under the side of the inside pockets. Was freaking out even coz I can't find it in the location you've mentioned. Very difficult to find, but i finally did.

Last edited:
It's not rare that Louis Vuitton bags have different places for the datecode. For example the Vernis Alma bags had one in the big pocket on a piece of leather, now its not on a piece of leather anymore but hot-stamped on the seam.

They change the datecodes way and position with time :smile:

I just bought a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM....the date code reads SP0012, but I thought this bag wasn't released until 2007? Can someone please help me with this?

Date codes are in odd places. In Neverfulls, speedy's with the flat pocket that you can lift up - sometimes the date code is under the pocket. In others it is inside a pocket; or yet others have it easy and right at the seam. The microfiber linings are the worst because the date code is impressed in the lining back by the stitching usually inside a pocket, and whenever I have to photo that to sell on eBay it is hard to get a good position with one hand and take the photo with the other. Now - there are bags though that don't have date codes, and I think some in the Idylle collection don't have date codes (at least I couldn't find one in the Romance model I had).

Seriously, sometimes I pull the lining inside out of the bag and look all over in order to find them - they don't make it easy.