Date Code & "Made In" Questions

I own several LV bags and just now realized that my LV Siena has a - wired to me - data code

It’s R13xxx = 1 Letter but 5 Numbers.

Now I’m confused as I once learned they always are 2 Letters and 4 Numbers that can be read to learn about the manufacturing date.

I bought this in person myself in a LV boutique so it definitely IS authentic.
Where is the made? Are you sure its a 1 after the R and not I or L?

Reactions: loveglitzer
8D4F6430-AA56-468F-B264-F6EAADBB886D.jpeg
If you purchased it at the LV Store as you stated you did, so you know it's authentic (you even state that as well). So why does it matter what the date code reads?[/QUOTE

My Siena just came back from a tiny repair and that’s why I checked the data code again - when it hit me . Maybe it is a I and not a 1? I totally missed this small purse and usually I check these data codes to know when it has been manufactured in combination what happened around that time kn my life (am I the only one that sentimental with my bags ) thanks for helping to everyone - dearly appreciated. ❤️

View attachment 4426046 .

My Siena just came back from a tiny repair and that’s why I checked the data code again - when it hit me . Maybe it is a I and not a 1? I totally missed this small purse and usually I check these data codes to know when it has been manufactured in combination what happened around that time kn my life (am I the only one that sentimental with my bags ) thanks for helping to everyone - dearly appreciated. ❤️

I'm not authenticating this (I hope you can understand why), just telling you what the date code reads.

RI 3107 - It's an I not a 1. Hope this helps.

Just purchased my first preloved LV, a Neo GM (the large size, not petit noe) with date code AR0990. Any red flags?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 2.32.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 2.32.20 PM.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 9.33.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 9.33.57 PM.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 100
I didn't get it authenticated before I bought it and now I think it's too late for me to get it authenticated if it's not part of a live auction? I'll try my luck there though; I'll be so bummed to have gotten a fake for the price I paid!
There is a lot of red flags on the picture you posted for a Damier Ébène Cosmetic Pouch... I don’t believe this item was manufactured by Louis Vuitton.

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
There is a lot of red flags on the picture you posted for a Damier Ébène Cosmetic Pouch... I don’t believe this item was manufactured by Louis Vuitton.

Oh no...this is the post I made on the Authentication thread with more pics. (The authenticator was inconclusive.)

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...before-posting.926508/page-1805#post-33091625

I desperately want you to be wrong but I know you're an expert. After looking at those pics, would you still agree?

Hey everyone. I too was wondering about my new speedy b. It’s stamped made in France but has an LA code which suggests it was made in a factory in the USA. Anyway I emailed Louis Vuitton Ireland for clarification and they got back to me with this response. I’ve attached it below.

Attachments

• 146E189D-2B47-458E-BED6-30E972CA15A0.png
    146E189D-2B47-458E-BED6-30E972CA15A0.png
    656.8 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: Namwan-