Date Code & "Made In" Questions

So I am pretty sure I have a special order item, as it starts with AAS? But then it has 5 digits after it. I have only ever come across 3 digit and 4 digit items so how do you read a 5 digit code, and does anyone know about LV special order items? I didn't even know those were possible? It appears to be made in a lining and color that were never even available to the public. Thanks in advance for any assistance or info.

So I am pretty sure I have a special order item, as it starts with AAS? But then it has 5 digits after it. I have only ever come across 3 digit and 4 digit items so how do you read a 5 digit code, and does anyone know about LV special order items? I didn't even know those were possible? It appears to be made in a lining and color that were never even available to the public. Thanks in advance for any assistance or info.
I have ordered a few over the years - what did you want to know? Some of mine have the same datecode format but I don't know how to read them. If, indeed, you can.

There have been very occasional known datecode mistakes on authentic items but they are very few and far between. Let us know what the outcome of your authentication is.

Well I'm impatient so I called Louis Vuitton directly just now at their main U.S. client services number. The rep went to check on the code and came back saying that it was indeed a legitimate batch code from LV. She wouldn't explain any further, and just said that it was for LV use and that there was a world of misinformation online regarding the reading and significance of the codes. Interesting. I will let you know what A4U says too.

Well I'm impatient so I called Louis Vuitton directly just now at their main U.S. client services number. The rep went to check on the code and came back saying that it was indeed a legitimate batch code from LV. She wouldn't explain any further, and just said that it was for LV use and that there was a world of misinformation online regarding the reading and significance of the codes. Interesting. I will let you know what A4U says too.
And my advice would be don't believe a word of that. Additionally, you can't determine authenticity or not from a datecode alone; they're not unique.

hi everyone,
So I ordered a brand new zippy organiser wallet from the Louis Vuitton website and received it yesterday. I’m a bit puzzled because when I checked the date code it says SD5127. This would mean it was made in the 52nd week of 2017. However, we’re not in the last week of the year yet. How is this possible? I’m concerned it’s a fake. Who knows who works in the warehouses and could switch out things. I called in to customer service and she couldn’t explain it so she said she would talk to someone about it and get back to me. Anyone else this happened to? Would you return?
TIA!