Date code in LV wallet

My musette salsa, damier mini tribeca and mini lin 4 key holder bought from Paris in 2003 also did not have date code compared to the monogram canvas samur i bought at the same time. Just cannot find them. Even so the monogram key & change holder and billfold with 6 credit card slots wallets which i bought in singapore in 2006 have no date codes. Cannot find them, i also saw from the mini lin 4 key holder' slip/card that has the date code. I suppose too small items do not have date codes but i feel safe as i bought from LV directly with their receipts with me. If i buy online from other sellers with no receipts then i think i will freak out. So hard to tell the fakes sometimes.

Musette Salsa date code is heat stamped on the alcantra lining inside the pocket along the seam:

86e9_1.JPG

Damier Mini Tribeca:

IMG_1114.jpg

Mini Lin 4-Key Holder date code should be in the same place as all other key holders:

ebay257.jpg

Often times when trying to authentic LV's from ebay or other online retailers, we ask for date codes. But since LV themselves sometimes don't even put date codes, there isn't really a sure way to tell something is authentic.

Whether it was made in France or USA, it won't make any difference.

Have you tried looking with a flashlight along every seam? It might be a little hard to see sometimes. But if you purchased yours from the boutique and can't find the date code, it's alright. The wallet is still going to function the same, right?
Agreed. Only an issue if you are looking to resell later on and the buyer wants a date code. Enjoy your purchase!

This depends on the place on manufacturing.
Some of LV products are manufactured in Spain, specially SLGs which I witnessed myself when visiting one of the factories that manufactures for LV.

Third-party manufacturers would cost more to have a unique DC for every item which they need to change the stamping font type die manually for every piece unlike the handbags which are manufactured in France at LV own factories where stamping the DC is done on a small separate piece of leather which I think is carried by an automatic stamping machine that changes the numbers in sequence automatically.

The above is based on my knowledge in the industry in terms of manufacturing and what I suggest as the reason why some models of LV collections arent stamped with a DC.