Darwin

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,
    Could someone please tell me if it is true that Mulberry no longer use darwin leather and if so why???:P
    Thank you
    x

2. They stopped making bags in Darwin a few years ago.
    Why? Cost? Change in direction? The obvious factors I guess?

You can still find some unused Darwin bags though, or of course buy preloved.

3. Thanks Theaberry,
    I'm told it's supposed to be the best leather, with being a new Mulberry fan I wouldn't know maybe you could throw some light on that for me?
    x

4. Do a search on Darwin leather and you'll find a few threads already =)

5. Thanks again

6. Different bags suit different leathers Olakala and we all have our own favourites and different viewpoints . I am a huge Darwin fan myself but for some ladies the leather is too heavy and they prefer the lighter NVT bags. These's nothing quite like the smell of a Darwin beauty in my opinion - I'm sniffing one now !

7. IMO you can't beat darwin. It's thick, supple, hard wearing and smells gorgeous. It's why I started buying Mulberry!

8. ^^Ditto!

9. I love Darwin, but NVT is a very close second. My NVT Chocolate Seth is a divine piece of wrinkly glowing leather; it gets compliments everywhere.

10. Take your head out of that bag this instant :lecture:Missus!

11. :lolots: