danielle - sterling vs. grey (i'm confused!)

hokka

O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
i'm a little confused with sterling. it's supposed to be grey, yes? in all the pics i've seen it looks positively white. is it?

and grey - not sure how dark this is. i found some of stormy's tag pics and that helped - it seems more taupe than grey - grey-brown, perhaps.

i had one danielle a long time ago - a HUGE tote that i didn't realize would be that huge - and sold it. but the leather was AMAZING and i think i'd like a medium shoulder bag, but i'm not sure which color (the pink/fuschia is awesome, too!), so i appreciate any help!

Sterling is almost white with a bit of a grayish blue tint to it..very pretty. The gray is much darker almost a muddy brown shade of gray. I have the large Danielle in gray and the medium Danielle in silver. They are both gorgeous, but personally I prefer the gray.

hokka, I have the Danielle medium shoulder bag in sterling, grey and fuschia. Yes, the sterling is a pale blue/grey...a nice summer color, I think. The grey is a warm medium grey with a reddish tint. And the fuschia....well, I'm using mine right now, it's a nice burst of color in this dreary winter!

Left to right: Sterling, grey, fuschia

Attachments

• danielle.JPG
    danielle.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
thanks everyone!

solaera, do you find keeping the sterling clean difficult?

green zebra, that pic was worth a thousand words. i think i want grey, too - it's a bit elephant skin colored. i like it! fuschia rocks, though - which one's your favorite?

Although the grey is a nice neutral (and yes, the color IS kind of like elephant skin, isn't it?), the fuschia is my favorite, as I'm usually wearing blacks, navy or greys in the winter, so my bag really pops!

thanks everyone!

solaera, do you find keeping the sterling clean difficult?

green zebra, that pic was worth a thousand words. i think i want grey, too - it's a bit elephant skin colored. i like it! fuschia rocks, though - which one's your favorite?

The fuschia is on sale at Gomattagirls for $118 right now, but probably only for another 30 - 60 minutes. It was last night's special (which is why the gray and brown are sold out) and they usually change their sale item around this time of night.

i'm probably to late to the discussion but i'd do pink in a heartbeat ... i have the brown large danielle satchel and i LOVE the leather ... but i didn't have a brown bag ...

the sterling has a blueish gray tint to it - its really pretty...and its on sale for $68 at labelspree.com (i just got mine yesterday) i was expecting it to be more white but i love it!

hi all,
i ended up getting one in grey (or gray?) but i'm a little unsure. the leather is really different from my last danielle (which was almost sueded) but still really thick and lovely. however, across large patches of the front, it almost looks - i'm not sure how to describe this - blistered? kind of like when you have goosebumps. but the bumps aren't as prominent as that. maybe more like when you have a mild skin reaction and it starts to get kinda raised and bumpy?

i don't have my camera this weekend.. but does anyone know what i'm talking about?

i got it through gomatta girls (i wasn't sure if i wanted sterling, even though the price was better - and as i debated it went oos at labelspree, so....).

I have the sterling danielle, and it's pebbled leather, like a very soft and luscious version of the old school dooney bags (before they went LOGO CRAZY - BARF!!!) Oh, sorry, I just react viscerally to logos that SCREAM LOOK AT ME!!

Anyway, the sterling is a pale pale pale pale blue that has a hint of grey to it and looks grey in every picture. Although I don't have a grey danielle, I wonder if they're similar in texture?

hi siouxie,
yeah, my grey is super soft but smooth (whereas the danielle in berry i used to have was super soft and almost suede like). it's really, really really smooth for some panels and really bumpy (but still soft) on others. i think it's the un-matching panels that really made me notice the bumps.

oh, i wish i had a camera!