Daniel Lee leaving?

Yes, Some industry friends of mine said there were challenges with the contract renewal that were not agreed upon. Not sure whats next.

There was always mention of Lee being incredibly difficult to work with...according to industry insiders... not sure if this is 100% true though
When something like this happens, I always think of personality conflicts. But wow. I am one that loved what he did here.

Didn't take too long. He removed the DNA of the brand. The result: Catastrophe!
I would love to have Marc Jacobs as the CD (His personal issues aside). I felt like he did a good job at LV. I also love his RTW. I feel like he would be able to incorporate his vision to the brand's identity.
Also to maintain the Italian heritage, what about Frida Gianni, but she already worked with Gucci.
Now Ive never been this excited. It would be ironic if TM comes back!

Wow! I'm surprised but I'm not entirely unhappy.

Some of the stuff I've tried was unwearable (as in uncomfortable) like it wasn't ever tried on a human body, and the one ring I absolutely and desperately wanted, they'd already sold out of in one of the 3 sizes it came in at the beginning of the season. The alternatives were tinny and very disappointing - especially for the prices. The SA didn't know the colour names, not even the jumper (sweater) she was wearing, and randomly kept pushing me to try on boots when I only came in for jewellery. It was surreal, I felt like Alice after she fell down the rabbit hole.

I do love the Jodie, but that's a version of a vintage bag so Lee can't take the credit.

I know Kering and BV conjure figures that say otherwise, but in London I have been totally alone in all branches of BV (Sloane St and Bond St) every time I go in to browse.

:facepalm:This is shocking but I’m not too sad either. To be honest I was getting Bottega fatigue lately and was starting to research hermes bags. I need some stability and I “hated” the way DL was constantly changing the designs and bringing new bags out. It bag for a season then out and in with the next one. Do I even make any sense ?
Looking forward to seeing who takes over and in which direction the brand goes now. Meanwhile patiently waiting for Phoebe Philo’s new collection and still researching hermes bags :smile:

When something like this happens, I always think of personality conflicts. But wow. I am one that loved what he did here.

Right. I agree. And usually the personality that is difficult to appease is Pinault (CEO of Kering, BV's parent company) but this time many are saying it is the opposite this time, being that the designer is being difficult.

Didn't take too long. He removed the DNA of the brand. The result: Catastrophe!
I would love to have Marc Jacobs as the CD (His personal issues aside). I felt like he did a good job at LV. I also love his RTW. I feel like he would be able to incorporate his vision to the brand's identity.
Also to maintain the Italian heritage, what about Frida Gianni, but she already worked with Gucci.
Now Ive never been this excited. It would be ironic if TM comes back!
It would be incredible if TM returned!

Lee is fun to watch and has done a lot of interesting things, but the mens side especially is pretty outrageous. I go in wanting to find something but there’s very little I could actually wear or enjoy. Leather goods, I prefer Maier’s 9 times out of 10 and am so annoyed Lee axed BV’s very strong fragrance portfolio.

In years I’ve almost never seen anyone in the Scottsdale boutique and surprised it’s stuck around.

I can’t say I’m sad. I’d love Maier back.