Dammit.... the strap is killing my heel

DC-Cutie

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
The back strap on my Horatio Sling is diggin' into my heel/ankle bone. I tried and tried, but I refuse to suffer wearing my dag 'on shoes. I ordered a 40.5 and will take those to the cobbler to get the strap adjusted..... I don't have this problem with my NPs..

**BIG ARSE SIGH** off to sell them......

**vent over**

I hate slingbacks. I refuse to buy them, no matter how pretty they are -- either they kill my heels, or (far, far more often) they just will not stay on, no matter what I do (strappy strips, etc.).

I'm sorry they didn't work out, DC :sad:.

I too have always had a problem with strappy shoes. I love VPs and closed heel shoes. Where I used to work, their rule was that only one end of the shoe could be open. Maybe a different style would work out for you? My sympathies on selling them... :sad:

I must be the complete opposite, I actually prefer slingbacks! I just feel that it gives a bit more 'leverage' in the shoe and keeps it on better? I have a pair of shoes similar to VP's, closed heel and open toe and I just find these a nightmare to keep on! Maybe I have a narrow heel or something?

I must be the complete opposite, I actually prefer slingbacks! I just feel that it gives a bit more 'leverage' in the shoe and keeps it on better? I have a pair of shoes similar to VP's, closed heel and open toe and I just find these a nightmare to keep on! Maybe I have a narrow heel or something?

My experience is the same as yours. Slingbacks are perfect for me, while I slip out of everything with a closed heel.

I hope the cobbler can come up with a solution, it would be sad to have to let such great shoes go.

ya one of my slingbacks just kill my skin, and especially since they're patent and hard, I get all these blisters in the back everytime. If it weren't for this problem I'd be wearing them everyday in the summer

ITA!! I have major slippage in VPs or any style with open toe and closed back. I have to have a strap at the back...and I have narrow heels and wide feet...figures.

Sorry, DC, that they don't feel comfortable. It's a good thing you have a bunch of other lovelies to choose from :heart: