damier

jennifer-j

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
Hey everyone,

I would like to special order the Galliera PM in damier. Because it's quite an expensive purchase, I have a few questions before I make my decision.
First of all, I'd like to know wether there are plans to release the Galliera in damier?
Secondly, I would also like to know which new damier bags will be released in the near future? I already checked this forum and the only one I could find is the Sistina, which is pretty, but not as pretty as the galliera IMO. If I overlooked other new releases, please let me know. I'd hate it I'd special order the Galliera and they would release a more beautiful bag before my special order had arrived.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I guess the best way to be informed about new releases is to read a lot on this forum. There are a lot of "insiders" on this forum who work at LV or have a good relationship with the SA. When I go to the LV store, they don't want to share any info on new bags. Last week, I asked in three LV stores in Paris about new releases but the SA's told me they couldn't share that info with me. I've read on this forum that you could ask to see the lookbook with new releases, but the SA told me she didn't have one.

I called 1-800-VUITTON and spoke directly to a SA at the LV boutique and they told me that the Damier Ebene Galleria would only be special order and they don't have plans for regular production. But, on the other hand, if there are enough people special ordering these bags, they will consider putting them in regular production.

So, it takes several people paying more for special orders to get LV to consider making them for the rest of us, but there is no guarantee. Unfair to the people who get them at special order, but at least you get to wear them much much earlier, or at all, than the rest of us.

Good luck deciding.

Thanks for all the info! This makes my decision a lot easier! I think I will go for the Galliera in damier! I love everything about the Galliera and the damier version would be the perfect bag for me.

I think the Galliera in Damier is such a beauty. I'm thinking of special ordering it too. How many months before we get the bag?

If I'm not wrong...it can take up 4 to 6 months...

I was lucky yesterday...would like the special order deauville in damier...and found that LV boutiques in Australia have 4 of them. I didn't have to wait that long, just got it from the boutique.:yahoo: