Damier Ebony Handles

ansjazz

Feb 27, 2008
Is anyone else having this problem: I bought my beautiful damier ebony speedy 30 in February of this year and in June I had to send it off for repair because the glaze on the handles was starting to ripple and peel off. So, it took about 5 weeks for the bag to be returned back to me and you guys know I missed my baby so much so, I was very delighted when I got the call from my SA at Louis Vuitton that my bag was back. So today 8/19/08, I looked at my purse before I headed out the door to go to work and guess what I saw? You got it, the handle is peeling again so you can imagine that I am mad as --- right now because for the money we spend on these products we shoudn't experience problems like this. I can't wait to get off of work so I can go staight to the store and get this problem corrected. I am so upset that I dont even want this bag anymore, give me my money back or give me another bag. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do?
Heres a pic:

Attachments

• louis.jpg
    louis.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
Hi there, I couldn't open the photo for some reason but I'm sure it looks and feels horrible. I'm glad you're going back - demand they rectify the problem at once!

I don't own a damier ebony speedy so it's never happened to me, but my damier ebony french purse has manufacturing HOLES in it... I will be going to see LV VERY SOON!

Good luck - and let us know what they say THIS TIME!

Cheers

i haven't seen that with my nolita. but then again i don't wear her but in the winter. do you alternate bags? regardless...THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. We pay way too much money for the bags for them to fall apart like we got them in some 2nd hand warehouse. Take it back to the store that fixed it and demand a new bag ro have them refix it. Gosh I hope they fix this problem for you.

Last edited:
No, I do alternate with my other bags and I have never had this problem with my monagram items, I can't wait to call them when they open. I am still under warranty so they have to send it off for repair but at this time I dont know if I want this bag anymore.

Hey there. I have owned both Damier Alma and Speedy 30 for two and three years, and their handles are in perfect shape. Sorry this is happening to you but you should get them repaired.

I wear my bags very often, especially Damier Speedy 30 (3 or 4 times a week). The handles are not cracking or peeling...and show no signs of wear and tear.

I have a damier alma and I've been using for about a yr. now. No problems, whatsoever. Maybe they just 'repaired' the handles but did not replace them? I hope everything turns out fine for you :wondering

My Damier Speedy is nearly two years. I don't carry it every day, but have probably carried it for a weeks at a time, and so far there is not a problem. I don't think this is the first I have heard of this.

I would be so mad to! I know you just got the bag back, but do you maybe use a hand lotion or touch something everyday that might be causing the peeling?

I've never had a problem with the rolled handles on my Trevi - and I carry that bag quite frequently. Is there any way to just ask for another bag at this point ? :\