Damaged Bag Sold as "NEW"

Mar 3, 2010
hi
I just wanted to share my story about a horrible Seller!
luv2-xlr8 was selling a "100% Authentic, New Black Chanel Big Bow Satin Handbag"
I bid and won the bag thinking a received a great deal! a $2000 bag for $850! But I was soooo wrong.
First off she took forever to ship the bag. Her auction says 1 business day to ship out after payment. I emailed her several times for a tracking number to see when I would be receiving the bag. She finally emailed me the tracking number and told me to "chill out"
When I finally received the bag it was a shock. The bag was not the 20" L x 2" W x 15" H that she had written on her auction. When I measured it myself It came out to about 15L x 11H even when I tried measuring it from the widest parts. I was quite alarmed because I had seen the larger size at my local Chanel store and thats what I thought I was going to be getting.
On top of that the bag has 2 stains on the inside that she had avoided to picture in the auction. The satin was snagged all over the bag! She didn't even bother to lint roll it before shipping. It was covered with hair and lint, some of it even collected in the fold of the bag! I was sooooo disappointed! Upon messaging her she finally agreed to give me a refund, but I had to pay for the shipping to return her damaged bag back to her.
When she received the bag she promptly messaged me about how I shipped it. I had put it in a flat rate envelope (which it fit in since it wasn't the large size) and insured it which cost me $15 to ship. She said she was going to
file a claim with paypal because it was wrinkled!
I immediately called ebay and complained about her horrible practices as a seller. After being transfered around a few times I finally talked to someone who closed the case in my favor and I finally got my refund!
On top of that I looked up Chanel bow bag on ebay and found she had copied and pasted her auction from a reputable buyer : yoogis closet!
I also believe she works at Neiman Marcus and is buying things from a damage sale and trying to resell them as new on ebay because I found a partial Neiman Marcus tag in the dust bag with EMP# 9 (the rest had been torn off) in the dust bag.
BUYER BEWARE!

Sorry you had such a horrible experience, yaku. :sad:

This sort of thing is, by no means, uncommon on eBay, unfortunately.

Despite it having arrived in such a state, you shouldn't really have shipped it back in a flat rate envelope, though; especially if the seller sent it to you in a box?

As the buyer should always ensure that the item is fully protected, so it arrives back in the same (poor, in this case!) condition it was received in.

Last edited:
I am sorry you went through this. I was going to say the same thing as Chloe when I first read this--In the future you should not send something like that back in an envelope. That way there are less reasons why she could say that YOU messed it up. Glad it all worked out though.

i sent it back in the flat rate envelope because i was angry with her lol and it fit without any forcing in and the original stuffing she had in the bag was still in it. I was pretty mad that it cost $10 to insure it so in the envelope it went

Well, I suppose it, ultimately, really depends upon whether you believe in the Old Testament 'an eye for an eye', or Jesus's 'turn the other cheek'? :biggrin:

As the seller's actions caused PP to be forced to take all her power to refund away and to make the decision for her and as she received the package (albeit probably crushed), PP sided with you and I can't, honestly, say that the seller didn't deserve a taste of her own medicine...

On the other hand, I suppose I just don't believe that, just because one can get away with doing something, one should try to; even if it is in revenge?

At the end of the day, two wrongs don't make a right.

I suppose I feel that we should try to rise above these things, if at all possible? Otherwise, before we know it, civilisation collapses and everything descends into chaos...