Dakota Johnson

I smoked when I was 16 (hell there were people smoking in 8th grade). Granted my mother didnt know about it and didnt light cigs for me......

I havent smoked in years though. I think some people grow out of it.

kids will do what they want to do regardless of age.

Oh how true! But as parent, the last thing I would do is encourage bad/unhealthy behavior.

Years ago, the smoking age was 16, maybe Melanie wasn't notified that it was raised.:wtf:

Goes to show, money does not buy intelligence or class.:supacool:

wow, I personally find this very sad. I would be devestated if my daughters smoked, as I am anti smoking myself. However, Melanie was a documented alcholic and drug user when she was a teenager. Perhaps she thinks that by letting her daughter smoke and have this vice, it will stop her from going down the same sad road that she did. I am in no way condoning her, its just maybe how she justifies it? perhaps......

i smoked when i was her age and was very rebellious as a teen, growing up in nyc i was exposed to a lot, i gave my poor mother a very hard time and she knew there wasn't much she could do to stop me from much of my behavior which thank goodness i did grow out of, but she NEVER encouraged it. lighting a cigarette for a child is wrong on so many levels. i feel sorry for her daughter, that's just a recipe for being screwed up...

MG is truly :wacko:!

Lung cancer is so horrible and devastating! I wish my cousins in Germany did not chain-smoke, because I miss them. It is especially sad for their mother and children. My cousin's ex-husband lost one of his legs due to smoking.

:heart:

I was never big on MG ever. I have a 16 yo daughter and even though I know she does things she shouldn't behind my back, I would never ENCOURAGE nor PARTICIPATE in any of it. It's a recipe for loosing whatever small amount of control you still have as a parent IMO. And believe me, you have precious little of it left when they're 16.....

I am no expert,however...........Hollywood celebrity circles are different than normal and young girls smoking is ignored and I am sure sometimes encouraged because of the extreme thinness that is the fad now and some can only be that way through smoking. I am not saying it is right but I do think MG may have an extrememly warped sense of what is best for her child. She has never known anything but Hollyweird values. So she may be an excellent mother in her extreme circle which makes me soo sad.:crybaby: