Daily Coverage: Heather Mills & Sir Paul McCartney's Divorce Settlement

Here's part of what the beak said. Seems he found Heather's claims rather less credible than Sir Paul's:

"The husband's evidence was, in my judgment, balanced. He expressed himself moderately though at times with justifiable irritation, if not anger. He was consistent, accurate and honest.

"But I regret to have to say I cannot say the same about the wife's evidence. Having watched and listened to her give evidence, having studied the documents, and having given in her favour every allowance for the enormous strain she must have been under (and in conducting her own case) I am driven to the conclusion that much of her evidence, both written and oral, was not just inconsistent and inaccurate but also less than candid. Overall she was a less than impressive witness.

<snip>

"In her final submissions the wife described her contribution as "exceptional". I reject her case. I am afraid I have to say her case on this issue is devoid of reality. The husband's evidence is far more persuasive.
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pa...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.4.1

"Devoid of reality" - oy vey!!

I hope and pray that when and if I get married, that I dont EVER have go through a divorce!! They don't look like much fun no matter what the payout or what I'm paying.

Im sure both parties are hurt by all this.

^^ Prada, don't you think Fiona Shackleton looks better with the slicked back hair? I reckon Heather did her a favour ... she should wear it like that all the time. :lol:
I agree with you - makes her look years younger. Speaking of hair, now Heather Mills has £25 million, perhaps she could visit a hairdresser as those photos of her outside the court (in THAT suit) show some very patchy highlights.

I just got done reading what the Judge said about the divorce case. I am unfamiliar with law in the UK, but for a Judge to make such remarks here in the U.S., it would be considered highly unethical... in fact, I'd venture to say that it could nullify a case completely here. Judges are supposed to be devoid of personal "opinions" about cases and impartial. Sounds like this one is a Beatles fan :s

Ha ! she looks hot ! :upsidedown:

I agree with you - makes her look years younger. Speaking of hair, now Heather Mills has £25 million, perhaps she could visit a hairdresser as those photos of her outside the court (in THAT suit) show some very patchy highlights.

How Fiona Shackleton got a foxy new look

Last Updated: 12:02am GMT 19/03/2008

By some wonderful process of celestial retribution, everything Heather Mills does now backfires, writes Celia Walden
It has become a national spectator sport to sit back, humming the Benny Hill theme tune, and watch Heather Mill's every action implode.
ftwet119.jpg

Slick: Fiona Shackleton goes from Steel Magnolia to tousled pin-up

Mills's Oscar-worthy performance in court on Monday - when, in an admirable feat of physics, she hurled a jug of water over Sir Paul McCartney's lawyer Fiona Shackleton - has precipitated a two-pronged backlash.
Obviously, the woman has made a total horse of herself, but worse she has inadvertently turned Shackleton into a babe.
Consider a 52-year-old woman with tresses as malleable as Araldite and a smile as sincere as an estate agent's.
Immaculate, efficient and one of the most sought-after solicitors in the land she may be, but the woman known as Steel Magnolia, who represented the Prince of Wales and Duke of York in their divorces, is no Bo Derek. Yet what a metamorphosis.

Better still, Shackleton weathered the dousing with the same smiling panache as Diana, Princess of Wales, when she memorably took the two young princes on a water ride at Thorpe Park.
Even men - less generous than women when it comes to feminine aesthetics - were spotted making those familiar ritualistic signs as they stared at images of the newly sleek Ms Shackleton, noticing for the first time her fine bone structure, almond eyes and wrinkle-free forehead. There followed a murmur, if not quite a wolf whistle, denoting surprised appreciation.
What men don't know is that the wet-hair effect is a tool every knowing female, from teenagers to the Princess, has used to great effect for decades - and one that older, more professional ladies would do well to emulate.
Female professionalism seems to necessitate the starched, crunchy look for the simple reason that it is as far from sexy as can be, and sexy means vulnerable.
Blow-dries are essentially armour used by lawyers, businesswomen, and Hollywood actresses to elevate them above messier mortals. But what they have failed to understand (or have chosen to disregard) is that pristine is not primal, and primal is what men want.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main.jhtml?xml=/portal/2008/03/19/ftwet119.xml

I just got done reading what the Judge said about the divorce case. I am unfamiliar with law in the UK, but for a Judge to make such remarks here in the U.S., it would be considered highly unethical... in fact, I'd venture to say that it could nullify a case completely here. Judges are supposed to be devoid of personal "opinions" about cases and impartial. Sounds like this one is a Beatles fan :s
wow, Paul's got it made there if the judge can say those things..:shrugs: