D&B satchel question....first time buyer

cinnybuns

Cindy C.
O.G.
Jun 5, 2008
Hi ladies,

I'm currently looking into purchasing a small satchel. I'm torn by the natural and the chestnut. I went to Macy's to check out the size and colors, the leather on the natural color felt amazing but I'm in love with the chestnut color, however the chestnut bag I saw at Macy's had a rougher texture. Does the chestnut only come in the florentine style leather? I forgot to ask the SA.

This would be my first D&B bag and I'm still a newbie :/

Good mornin'!

I'm not a expert on Dooney so hopefully others will post what they know. I did search "Chestnut" on dooney.com and I got 29 hits, all Florentine.

Good luck on your first purchase!

So far I have only seen it in florentine. If you really want this color, you might want to try different stores since the texture in florentine bags varies from bag to bag. I have seen chesnut bags both in smoth and pebble texture, and then sometimes you get a bag with both :nuts:

One thing about florentine bags...each one can b different. Some r super smooth with little to no texture all the way around. Some r more pebbled, or are very pebbled in texture. Some have patches of diff textures. U can ask Macy's and see if they have any other bags in stock for u to see.