Customer Service Dior Asia - Help! Need an SA in Osaka.

BlipBloop

Apr 22, 2018
Hey everyone!

I'm hoping to get some advice. I went on vacation to Japan last month and bought the Naughtly-D heels and after I came home from vacation I wore them for two hours only to have the insole slip down and reveal the adhesive on both boots.

Left boot:
Left Boot.jpg

Right boot:
Right Boot.jpg

I went to my local Dior and my SA said that they're unable to assist since I bought the boots from another country, and that I should email Dior Asia customer service.

The representative responded to my email inquiry noting that I need to fly back to Japan to drop off my boots where they will send the boots to France for assessment and possible repairs which will take over 8 weeks. Once France ships the boots back to Japan (as they won't ship it to my home country), I need to fly back to Japan for a third time to pick up the boots.

I responded to let them know that I booked a ticket to Japan to drop off the boots and asked if we can explore other options such as a replacement or a refund as flying back and forth is inconvenient (I have limited time off work, money, etc.). And if not, can they assist me in making the repair arrangements and notifying the store that I'm going to visit. They ghosted me for an entire week.

My trip is in 6 days and I finally heard back from customer service after polite follow-ups. They told me that they won't assist me any further because I wore the boots and to figure it out myself when I go to Japan. Now we're back to square one.

I'm beyond frustrated. Going to Japan is not cheap and they act like flying to another country is like driving to the grocery store. Does anyone have any advice? Or an SA in Osaka, Japan who will be able to assist or that I can connect with directly? Any info would be truly appreciated.

This is one of the craziest things I've ever heard! Flying to another country to repair insoles that will apparently take 2 months and the fly back to pick them up?!! If you are willing to do that, just buy another pair of boots.:rolleyes:

As the poster above said, just go to a cobbler and replace the insole. The cobbler can probably even do it the same day.

Update: I asked CS Asia to put me in contact with the rep's manager or refer me to someone from the Japan location. Surprise, surprise- I was not put in contact with a manager and was referred to CS Japan. CS Japan emailed me back within two hours, apologized for the inconvenience and experience thus far and said that they appreciate the opportunity to be able to recover the experience! Sounds promising and I'm pretty happy with their response as they seem to actually care.

Thanks everyone for the recommendation, I was just so upset I didn't think to go to a cobbler. If Dior isn't able to rectify this issue during my trip, I'll go to a cobbler.

The insoles are slipping because the heat and moisture from your feet loosened the sticky bond causing the slip. It should be an easy fix at any local cobbler. I might even suggest ripping it out completely and replacing it with a full insole. Regardless of being Dior, flying back and forth for this seems extreme and completely unnecessary.
I'm not so sure about the heat and moisture being the direct cause. I own quite a collection of Dior and other luxury shoes and have never had this issue. My SA agreed that it's very likely a defect which is why she referred me to customer service. Nevertheless, thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it :heart:

Why can’t the shoes just be shipped?
They should be exchanged imo, but it may happen again.
CS Asia said the shoes can't be shipped because of company policy- I made the purchase in a different country/region. Who thought making a purchase while on vacation would be such a bad thing. It definitely dissuades me from making Dior purchases abroad in the future.

I've honestly been hoping for an exchange since the get go especially since my SA said that the shoes are defective. I find it unbelievable that such a large and reputable luxury fashion house would treat their clients this way and make such demands. I'm still a big sucker though, I bought more shoes from my SA yesterday. I don't know if I should laugh or cry, I'm weak.

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
Final Update: CS Japan said that they'll contact me within the next 48hrs, I never got a call. I followed-up and still haven't heard back. Then CS Hong Kong contacted me today to say that Japan's English is bad so they're relaying the message for them, basically the same thing they told me initially:
  • Drop off boots in Japan, France will inspect it and may (OR MAY NOT) repair my boots, fly back to Japan after 8 weeks and pick my boots up. Other options are not possible.
  • They will not ship the boots to/from my local store, they will not exchange my boots because they've been worn ONCE, they cannot expedite the process and they cannot take care of it in Japan because Japan doesn't have the ability to see that the boots are defective. Yes, they told me that they cannot use their eyes to confirm that the boots require repairs despite the very visible blue adhesive showing.
Dior is not standing behind the quality of their product and said that it's my problem because I'm having issues after purchase. If this problem happened before purchase then they'd assist. I'm LIVID. How does that make sense?

Last week I thought, I'll keep making Dior purchases. I won't let this one experience sour the brand for me. Maybe I'm just dealing with one incompetent employee and I don't want to take this out on my SA who I absolutely adore. At this point I feel like they put me through so much, I feel emotionally drained and I'm embarrassed to say that I've put in way more effort into the boots than they are worth. I got caught up playing Dior's nonsense games and I was so naïve thinking they'd help. Shame on me.

I'm going to a cobbler and will not be returning to Dior. Unfortunately I can't cancel my Japan trip as I leave in 2 days, but I'll take it as a lesson learned and will make the best out of my trip. I saw a post saying that VCA is going to have a price increase in June to adjust for the weak yen, so I'll likely make a consolation purchase there.

Thanks for the advice and support. 😭

• Sad
Reactions: averagejoe
Final Update: CS Japan said that they'll contact me within the next 48hrs, I never got a call. I followed-up and still haven't heard back. Then CS Hong Kong contacted me today to say that Japan's English is bad so they're relaying the message for them, basically the same thing they told me initially:
  • Drop off boots in Japan, France will inspect it and may (OR MAY NOT) repair my boots, fly back to Japan after 8 weeks and pick my boots up. Other options are not possible.
  • They will not ship the boots to/from my local store, they will not exchange my boots because they've been worn ONCE, they cannot expedite the process and they cannot take care of it in Japan because Japan doesn't have the ability to see that the boots are defective. Yes, they told me that they cannot use their eyes to confirm that the boots require repairs despite the very visible blue adhesive showing.
Dior is not standing behind the quality of their product and said that it's my problem because I'm having issues after purchase. If this problem happened before purchase then they'd assist. I'm LIVID. How does that make sense?

Last week I thought, I'll keep making Dior purchases. I won't let this one experience sour the brand for me. Maybe I'm just dealing with one incompetent employee and I don't want to take this out on my SA who I absolutely adore. At this point I feel like they put me through so much, I feel emotionally drained and I'm embarrassed to say that I've put in way more effort into the boots than they are worth. I got caught up playing Dior's nonsense games and I was so naïve thinking they'd help. Shame on me.

I'm going to a cobbler and will not be returning to Dior. Unfortunately I can't cancel my Japan trip as I leave in 2 days, but I'll take it as a lesson learned and will make the best out of my trip. I saw a post saying that VCA is going to have a price increase in June to adjust for the weak yen, so I'll likely make a consolation purchase there.

It is unacceptable that the sole was just glued on. With wear and moisture, the sole is bound to slip downward. Can't believe that they suggested this route of repair. Would be much easier going to a cobbler.

Reactions: BlipBloop
Ya so I actually just spoke to my SA and she told me CS lied to me. CS can email the pictures to the care service in France who will decide within 48hrs if the boots should be exchanged or repaired. I'm going to a cobbler and am done with Dior, but sharing this info in case anyone needs it in the future.

HOLY. CRAP. I’m sorry, this is some serious bull$h!t!! I cannot believe they actually had the nerve to tell you to fly back to Japan, but the icing on the cake is asking you to go back to pick the shoes up as well?!? Ludicrous. Do you have any sort of purchase protection on the credit card with which you made the purchase? I would reach out to your CC, before going to the cobbler. It’s disgraceful that Dior won’t stand behind their product - IMO, it’s irrelevant where the purchase was made. It’s a company with international presence, a local boutique should be able to provide assistance. In 2022 I had an issue with my Caro (purchased in Paris), and my wonderful Parisian SA helped me secure a replacement in the US. Again, a company with international presence needs to do better when it comes to returns made in another country.

I’m sorry that it’s too late to cancel your trip, but good for you for making the best of it. I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through this infuriating mess. Safe travels, and happy shopping at VCA!

Last edited: