Custom peek cheek and jaw implants

Apr 22, 2018
As you know i had a a bad outcome with cheek and jaw reduction. I am in the process of getting custom implants. I was quoted $40,600 for custom peek cheek and jaw implants-plus another $8k for hospital/anesthesia fee.

I found out my doctor charged another patient ( 18years old) for double jaw surgery, genialplasty and fixing a deviated septum for only $23k.

I feel like i'm being overcharged and will be searching for a new surgeon. If anyone have an recommendation for a surgeon who is proficient in peek implants- please let me know.
Modify message

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 08:40:18 AM by GJ »

As you know i had a a bad outcome with cheek and jaw reduction. I am in the process of getting custom implants. I was quoted $40,600 for custom peek cheek and jaw implants-plus another $8k for hospital/anesthesia fee.

I found out my doctor charged another patient ( 18years old) for double jaw surgery, genialplasty and fixing a deviated septum for only $23k.

I feel like i'm being overcharged and will be searching for a new surgeon. If anyone have an recommendation for a surgeon who is proficient in peek implants- please let me know.
Modify message

I don't think he is overcharging you, I just think the custom implants are expensive. Custom implants for patients who have never undergone any jaw surgery and just want an enhancement cost $15-20,000 so I can imagine that custom implants for you would cost more coz you lack the basis foundation to support the implant whereas the patient who never had any surgery has the structure to support them. Also revisions always cost more than primary surgeries coz they're more complicated depending on the extent of the damage. The other patient probably had all the surgeries for the first time and that is why it was cheaper.

Reactions: Kaitlin018
I don't think he is overcharging you, I just think the custom implants are expensive. Custom implants for patients who have never undergone any jaw surgery and just want an enhancement cost $15-20,000 so I can imagine that custom implants for you would cost more coz you lack the basis foundation to support the implant whereas the patient who never had any surgery has the structure to support them. Also revisions always cost more than primary surgeries coz they're more complicated depending on the extent of the damage. The other patient probably had all the surgeries for the first time and that is why it was cheaper.

I’m quoted around that price too and I do agree and thought the surgery $ is reasonable. It’s the implants that are $$$.

Can anyone please give me some thoughts about being quoted W9mil for Vline?
I’m a nervous wreck(~estimated my surgery is in Dec )
Any pointers and suggest the cost of Vline is greatly appreciated
=D

I’m quoted around that price too and I do agree and thought the surgery $ is reasonable. It’s the implants that are $$$.

Can anyone please give me some thoughts about being quoted W9mil for Vline?
I’m a nervous wreck(~estimated my surgery is in Dec )
Any pointers and suggest the cost of Vline is greatly appreciated
=D
9m is $8000 which I find rather expensive. My advise is don't pay any deposit, just fly to Seoul and consult with a few clinics first before making a decision. Also during f2f consultations you can be able to get negotiate better discounts especially if you are paying cash.

Modify message

Who was this surgeon?

Hello I don't know if this is too late and you have had your revision. Also not sure of your budget as to whether you can afford to do your revision in the US. I see you said you were quoted $40,600 is that USD if it is you can certainly do your procedure in the US.
Dr Barry Eppley of SkullReshaping.com (website) also his other website He is in Indianapolis does custom facial implants. Check out his website he ha He is also on Instagram dreppley.