Custom jewelers in Vancouver

meeeks

life is great
Nov 11, 2006
Hello,

I'm wondering if anybody knows a custom jeweler in Vancouver. My mom gave me and my fiancee a loose diamond for me to make it into an engagement ring. I don't know then specs except that it is a 2ct heart shaped diamond. Now I have to think of a design that I want, I'd appreciate any input :smile:

Thank you all

Lux Jewels. I met with the owner when looking for an engagement ring. We didn't end up going with her because we weren't finding a diamond we liked thru her. However her work is great! I know a few people with her pieces and they rave about them. I don't know if I can post their link, but if you are interested I will PM you?

Here are some pic of their rings.

Attachments

• Lux.jpg
    Lux.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Lux1.jpg
    Lux1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Lux2.jpg
    Lux2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 234
  • Lux3.jpg
    Lux3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 239
dustgirl said:
Lux Jewels. I met with the owner when looking for an engagement ring. We didn't end up going with her because we weren't finding a diamond we liked thru her. However her work is great! I know a few people with her pieces and they rave about them. I don't know if I can post their link, but if you are interested I will PM you?

Here are some pic of their rings.

Those rings are gorgeous! I will give them a call and book an appointment. Thank you! My only problem now is figuring out a design for a heart shaped ring. There isn't many around so I can't try on any. I have a size 4 finger so I'm scared the 2 ct ring will make it look gaudy.

Those rings are gorgeous! I will give them a call and book an appointment. Thank you! My only problem now is figuring out a design for a heart shaped ring. There isn't many around so I can't try on any. I have a size 4 finger so I'm scared the 2 ct ring will make it look gaudy.

You're welcome! Good luck with figuring out a design. A 2 ct diamond on a size 4 will be quite impressive, but shouldn't veer into gaudy territory in my opinion. I think a double band or split shank would pair well with a heart shaped diamond.

Attachments

• Heart1.jpg
    Heart1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Heart3.jpg
    Heart3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 490
These two are what I had in mind. The bvlgari one is simple and what my fiancee likes. The tiffany one is definately a lot more blinggy and it what I first thought of. I'm thinking for everyday wear, the bvlgari one might be better.

I went to a few jewellry stores to try on a heart shaped ring to get an idea for designs but I couldn't find any. Most stores don't carry heart shapes

Attachments

• bvlgari.jpg
    bvlgari.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Tiffany-Platinum-Heart-Shaped-Diamond-Rings.jpg
    Tiffany-Platinum-Heart-Shaped-Diamond-Rings.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 975
These two are what I had in mind. The bvlgari one is simple and what my fiancee likes. The tiffany one is definately a lot more blinggy and it what I first thought of. I'm thinking for everyday wear, the bvlgari one might be better.

I went to a few jewellry stores to try on a heart shaped ring to get an idea for designs but I couldn't find any. Most stores don't carry heart shapes

I really like the Tiffany one. I think the halo really adds to the overall look. For some reason, I think the Bvlgari one looks off to me.