Home & Garden Curtain Colors?!

Black or Gray floor to ceiling curtains for a 20 foot living room ceiling?!

• Black

• Gray

Results are only viewable after voting.

luvednotspoiled

<3 <3 <3
O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
So I just bought a new house (insert happy dance here!!! Wohoo!!) and now things that shouldn't be stressing me out, are....like curtain colors!!! Please help!!!

Black or Gray?! These will be for my family room, the catch? The ceilings are 20 feet!! So we are doing floor to ceiling curtains that flank two walls, but they will not be operational, just on the sides of window (so it looks like we just opened the curtains and tied them back!)

Our decor is uber contemporary, think sleek lines and copenhagen furniture (www.copenhagenliving.com)
Colors are black, white, grey which touches of aqua blue in the accessories.

What do you guys think?!? Black or gray?!?

I would find black curtains very depressing to look at, especially in such a large space. I think grey will give a calmer feeling then black. Congratulations on your new home. I am sure it will be keeping you busy and it is so exciting to pull things together to make it your home.

Thanks for the opinions guys!

But why do i still feel like black curtains will be super dramatic, and classy?! Did i mention there will still be TONS of light coming in and the floor plan is a super open concept, almost loft like?

I'm still going with they grey, I think the floor to ceiling curtains in that would color look more contemporary than the black curtains which break the room apart too much. I love black for accents, such an end table or a cool chair.

But it's your house though, so do what you want! If you ever change your mind it's only curtains, not an expensive couch. Decorating should be fun, and I have the tendency to change things up from time to time anyway! Just have fun with it :biggrin:

I have grey curtains(for 1,5 years), and I love them, a good thing is they don't easily get spots and you won't see a bit dust on them (which will probably be the case if you choose black) We choose velour because it's heavy and looks and feels very luxurious.
here is a picture to see the colour:
dsc01756t.jpg