Current Good Quality Fair Price but Little Known Recommendation Thread

I would like to recommend this small Italian brand called Robert Pieri for casual or travel bag, also as an alternative to Longchamp. I like the patterns they offer (different each season), and the inside small divider is perfect for separating keys, phones, and what not. Unlike longchamp, inside is lined with suede like fabric, and it’s made in Italy! They have different sizes (I have the smallest one with strap, and the big travel one). The small one is smaller than the smallest of longchamp with strap, and the big one is bigger than longchamp long handle one too. It would fit a Hermes bolide, or kelly 32, so really great for traveling, and different from your regular traveling brands. :tup:
This is super cute! Their mini duffel bags are adorable as well!

This is super cute! Their mini duffel bags are adorable as well!

Right? For the price the quality is so much better than longchamp (which I also like, but I must admit I’m a bit bored with them). I like their different prints a lot, but this time I only bought the same print different sizes. I think they are great travel bags. :tup:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
This semi-circle bag reminds me of a more practical take on the Cult Gaia Ark bag, which as turns out, wasn't their original either. Oh fashion, thy fickle beast :biggrin:.
http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/c...-but-is-claiming-exclusive-rights-nonetheless
Ha! Great article - thanks for sharing! Just goes to show being an informed consumer is the best way to go. I think about this all the time - do I wanna buy the brand name, or can I thrift this for <$50 on Etsy as a vintage item?

For example, beaded bags have become a trend. On etsy, this bag is $66 (and it was likely cheaper before instagram made beaded bags a thing!) while Susan Alexandra's (admittedly cute) design is $280.

Anyway, hope I didn't get too off topic :biggrin:

Attachments

• 52853D5C-EAF2-4284-AC4B-C60D20B452E3.jpeg
    52853D5C-EAF2-4284-AC4B-C60D20B452E3.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 877
My indie minimalist collection of small bags: Les Ateliers Auguste Monceau in black, Leo Et Violette Le Petit Zippe in dark blue, and Imakebags rectangular bag in khaki green. LeV small zippered camera bag is my most recent acquisition - I got it thanks to the great reviews of the brand on this very thread. Their customer service is top notch - they answer questions right away, ship almost instantly, and delivery is smooth and expedient (about 4 days from France to the US East Coast). I'd say across these three bags my impression is the greatest with Ateliers Auguste - such great leather and overall quality (it is also the most expensive of the three, especially now that they jacked their prices up, sadly). This isn't to say that the other two are in any way actually inferior - both LeV and IMB bags are wonderfully made, lightweight, and fit weigh more than you'd think given how tiny they are.
TL;DR: supporting small indie brands is awesome :smile:
Can you do more shots of the Atilier Auguste bag?? what fits inside, some interior shots, etc? I’m so in love with this bag but still haven’t pulled the trigger.

Can you do more shots of the Atilier Auguste bag?? what fits inside, some interior shots, etc? I’m so in love with this bag but still haven’t pulled the trigger.
No modshots, but some what fits photos.
Inside is an Ipad Air circa 2014 (not mini), a 6x8 VH pouch with some personal items standing upright, a sunnies case with large sunglasses, a VH credit card holder, and a work badge. This all is a little bit taller than the bag body, but the flap closes with no issue. You can see that the interior is lined with a simple grey fabric - very no fuss, a long flat open pocket on one side and a flat leather pocket large enough to fit an ID or a couple of cc with an embossed logo.
If I were to nit pick, the only two things Id improve about this bag is its magnet - I like mine strong enough to take your finger off, this one is OK (not bad, just not extremely powerful), and for a strap to be a little longer. I am just under 5 foot 9 and on the second to last setting it is a hair too short for my liking, although again, that is 100% being overly picky:smile:. Otherwise, it is an instant classic. Please note that mine is a full size Monceau, not a mini. I imagine Mini would not fit an iPad.

Attachments

• 43CE4F60-21F0-486C-9036-01F5592E4E51.jpeg
    43CE4F60-21F0-486C-9036-01F5592E4E51.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 611
  • 99EAFC93-D866-4B3E-B135-64586519528D.jpeg
    99EAFC93-D866-4B3E-B135-64586519528D.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 612
  • 8DBC4238-8209-41F7-AEA0-D14D43574E6C.jpeg
    8DBC4238-8209-41F7-AEA0-D14D43574E6C.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 612
Bought a bag from a small brand called Florian London, and so far it's not going well! They entered the wrong address. I double checked from my end but nope, they just entered the wrong zip code out of nowhere :confused1: Luckily I got to fix the address via the DHL website, but hopefully it doesn't get too delayed. With the shipping option it should've taken 3 days!

Ah well, it shouldn't take too much longer. And hopefully the bag itself is nice! It's a cute fun design for spring. I'll definitely update you all when it comes!