Scarves Curating your scarf collection and Wardrobe using Stylebook

That’s wonderful @blydia! Thank you so much for sharing. My husband and I were discussing TODAY a method to help me get more use of my bags and scarfs and this looks perfect! I thought about setting up a week rotation for the bags and planning the outfit accordingly, for example, choosing my Malachite B for the week starting today until Frand arranging my matching scarfs with the outfits for the week.
Do you think it could work?
xx

Reactions: Marmota and blydia
That’s wonderful @blydia! Thank you so much for sharing. My husband and I were discussing TODAY a method to help me get more use of my bags and scarfs and this looks perfect! I thought about setting up a week rotation for the bags and planning the outfit accordingly, for example, choosing my Malachite B for the week starting today until Frand arranging my matching scarfs with the outfits for the week.
Do you think it could work?
xx
absolutely, this is what the app is made for. it needs a jit of initial investment, loading up your items but after it’s so fun because it’s like carrying your closet in your pocket and you even get stats on what you are using how often, and which items you maybe should use more. how funny it was such a timely discovery :smile:

absolutely, this is what the app is made for. it needs a jit of initial investment, loading up your items but after it’s so fun because it’s like carrying your closet in your pocket and you even get stats on what you are using how often, and which items you maybe should use more. how funny it was such a timely discovery :smile:
I know right? Perfect timing! Thank you very much :flowers:

here's how easy it is to import things if you have the product foto. There's this boss blazer that I'm lusting after (which is idiotic since I'm not wearing blazers that often given I'm only in the office every 3 weeks).
so instead of pulling the trigger I've added it to wishlist like so
on the website I've saved the photo
View attachment 4820397
then in stylebook I added it to my wishlist folder - the import window lets you erase the white background
and then I started playing around with outfits.
View attachment 4820398View attachment 4820400
Here I have added a foto of my plumes worn (I erased the background with another app) to best see how it would look. Then I typically try to create as many outfits as possible with other wardrobe items to see whether I would get a ton of use out of the item.View attachment 4820401
What app did you use to erase the background? Is the other app easier than Stylebook or does it give a better result?

A question about the powerpoint slide of colors: Did you take those round pictures?

Last edited:
yes this app is really helpful for that, even if you don't want to do the full outfit, you could just upload your scarves (could even do one by one as you wear them so you don't have to upload all at once)
View attachment 4820601View attachment 4820602

you also get cool stats - all the dates you wore something. you can see all outfits that you ever created with a given item.
View attachment 4820603View attachment 4820589View attachment 4820590View attachment 4820605
Perfect ! I will give it a try.

What app did you use to erase the background? Is the other app easier than Stylebook or does it give a better result?

A question about the powerpoint slide of colors: Did you take those round pictures?
the app i use is call background eraser. I think it was like 2 bucks or so but is really good especially for stuff you want to manually refine (depending on what background your foto has the stylebook app doesn't always get the background removing right, and in that case i use background eraser.

for the round photos. i did this in powerpoint and the way i did those is i just made a circle shape and then opened up a pic of the item whose color i wanted, took a small, square screencapture, copied it to the clipboard and then filled the shape from clipboard.. :smile: sounds complicated but is super easy actually

I just discovered this thread, and it's so helpful! I've been using the Stylebook app for a couple of years, but not in this robust way. I love having a reference when shopping so that I don't duplicate purchases. Also, the packing list feature has been fantastic to help me plan for outfits for travel and not overpack! Thanks for sharing all of your tips, @blydia!

Thank you! I just downloaded Stylebook and am having SO much fun. I use it to remember what I wore with different people and events so I don’t repeat. Your post has given me new ideas though. I love how you did a photo of your scarf worn. Does that become a new item in your closet? Or can you have multiple pics for an item (for example, can you have Plumes square and worn as one item or does it need to be two?)

here's how easy it is to import things if you have the product foto. There's this boss blazer that I'm lusting after (which is idiotic since I'm not wearing blazers that often given I'm only in the office every 3 weeks).
so instead of pulling the trigger I've added it to wishlist like so
on the website I've saved the photo
View attachment 4820397
then in stylebook I added it to my wishlist folder - the import window lets you erase the white background
and then I started playing around with outfits.
View attachment 4820398View attachment 4820400
Here I have added a foto of my plumes worn (I erased the background with another app) to best see how it would look. Then I typically try to create as many outfits as possible with other wardrobe items to see whether I would get a ton of use out of the item.View attachment 4820401