Curating the perfect VCA collection

LovEmAll

LovEmAll @dailyloves
Aug 28, 2014
My dear VCA lovers :heart:,

This may be a somewhat long post so please bear with me.

I started my VCA journey last year - on my birthday no less! And since then I have added pieces that I am simply over the moon with 1) perlee ring; 2) 10 motif vintage Alhambra WG mop; and 3) 3 motif vintage Alhambra in MOP, onyx, and gray MOP. Pic below for reference :heart:. Needless to say, the VCA bug bit my and I am hooked! BUT, having said that, I want to be careful about curating my collection wisely and not go nuts on VCA - otherwise, after a while, everything starts to look and feel too much the same, at least for me.

With that said, here is my dilemma, what to get next? What will complete my VCA collection? (yes, yes, I know...tastes change, one grows older, etc - so let's just say complete my VCA collection ... for the foreseeable future :biggrin:)

As far as my other jewelry, I have diamond studs, a few cartier pieces, and two diamond pendants that I layer, and EG with wedding band. They are all WG and RG. I mix metals.

I have been craving something with a littler color (or lack of color I guess) and decided to try on the sweet Alhambra onyx earrings. They are sooo cute! I tried them on with the vintage onyx pendant and loved the combo. I also tried on the pave sweet Alhambra earrings and ... of course... loved them too. I want to get a pair of earrings that I can switch up with my diamond studs (since I wear those every day). But I also don't want them to be too in your face. Both the onyx and the pave are stunning so here are my questions:

1) if you have the sweet pave, how often do you wear those as opposed to studs? Is it worth it to have both?
2) if you have the onyx sweet Alhambra earrings, do you also have diamond studs and switch back and forth?
3) when is a lot of Alhambra too much? If I get the sweet earrings and the vintage pendant, both in onyx, am I overloading?

I also at some point, would love to get the frivole pave earrings - but that won't be for a looooong while.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and advice :flowers:

Attachments

• IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 1,427
My 2 cents for WG:
  • WG Frivole Minis, these make a very pretty alternative to diamond studs
  • WG VA MOP bracelet. This can be added to lenghthen your 10-morif
  • WG Onyx Magic Necklace, the NYC special edition id you can get your hands on it.
  • WG Perlee Signature bracelet or Perlee diamond bracelet
For YG:
  • YG VA Onyx or MOP bracelet. Either of these can be worn with your 3-motif earrings.
  • YG VA Onyx or MOP 10- or 20-motif. These are jewelry staples IMO.
  • YG VA or Frivole Diamond earrings. Just because they are so beautiful.

My 2 cents for WG:
  • WG Frivole Minis, these make a very pretty alternative to diamond studs
  • WG VA MOP bracelet. This can be added to lenghthen your 10-morif
  • WG Onyx Magic Necklace, the NYC special edition id you can get your hands on it.
  • WG Perlee Signature bracelet or Perlee diamond bracelet
For YG:
  • YG VA Onyx or MOP bracelet. Either of these can be worn with your 3-motif earrings.
  • YG VA Onyx or MOP 10- or 20-motif. These are jewelry staples IMO.
  • YG VA or Frivole Diamond earrings. Just because they are so beautiful.
Thanks soooo much for your ideas etoupebirkin . I loooove the frivole pave earrings and plan to get those one day in WG. They really are stunning. I’ve tried those and the VA pave in YG ... youuzaa the bling is simply stunning.

The diamond perlee bracelet also will have my name one day . It’s just too gorgeous

I like the idea of the mini frivole - the store didn’t have them today - I did hold the mini necklace in YG next to my ear to see the look and in YG they just got lost in my highlighted hair and yellow undertone skin....I didnt think about the WG, but that’s a great idea! I also like the idea of the onyx bracelet to go w my current earings - I’ve also thought about the between the finger Alhambra ring to go with the 3-motif too. All the pieces are so gorgeous is hard to stick to small list.

Lots to think about it seems. Thanks again so much my dear! Really appreciate your opinions

First of all your collection is lovely,
I would like just to say from my experience collecting VCA for past 4 years, I started with small pieces and then found out it is better to have more statement pieces and grew out of small pieces - I ended up getting tired of my pendents in different colors . my recommendation is try to go for Perlee bracelet or 20 motifs onyx necklace -l love my Frivole earring large size ( I think you should try them) or BTF ring onyx- I like it better then 5 motifs onyx bracelet ( more pop)
Good luck

First of all your collection is lovely,
I would like just to say from my experience collecting VCA for past 4 years, I started with small pieces and then found out it is better to have more statement pieces and grew out of small pieces - I ended up getting tired of my pendents in different colors . my recommendation is try to go for Perlee bracelet or 20 motifs onyx necklace -l love my Frivole earring large size ( I think you should try them) or BTF ring onyx- I like it better then 5 motifs onyx bracelet ( more pop)
Good luck
Thanks so much dear! That is such useful information. . The frivole pave or vintage Alhambra pave definitely fit that bill! I’ll try the large frivole too and the perlee bracelet is a must....that one is defining on my list. Thanks again so much for your opinion and advise.

You have such a wonderful and classic pieces in your collection.
If you plan on getting the frivole earrings (wg) in future, I would get VA pave in yellow gold (would add the color in your collection) however the VA pave in white would go perfectly with your 10 motif mop too.You can't go wrong with either or. I am trying to knock off the statement pieces from my wishlist and plan to integrate the smaller pieces in future. If you have few "must haves" in mind, how about building your collection keeping those in mind?

Reactions: BBC and nicole0612
Since you love the onyx ear clips as well as diamond options, maybe you could track down a pair of the holiday onyx and diamond ear clips. I really wish I had purchased these (before the price increase :smile:

Reactions: jpezmom
Since you love the onyx ear clips as well as diamond options, maybe you could track down a pair of the holiday onyx and diamond ear clips. I really wish I had purchased these (before the price increase :smile:
Thanks dear! Those are gorgeous too - I remember trying those on when they came and thought they looked really pretty out but decided to pass on them. I hope you are able to find them. :flowers:
As I looked through all the pieces and the tons of pics I took, I keep gravitating toward the VA pave....they have such an amazing wow factor while still being subtle enough for every day. I have a feeling I will end up with those, but just want to be sure.
Thanks so much for your advise hun!

Reactions: nicole0612
You have such a wonderful and classic pieces in your collection.
If you plan on getting the frivole earrings (wg) in future, I would get VA pave in yellow gold (would add the color in your collection) however the VA pave in white would go perfectly with your 10 motif mop too.You can't go wrong with either or. I am trying to knock off the statement pieces from my wishlist and plan to integrate the smaller pieces in future. If you have few "must haves" in mind, how about building your collection keeping those in mind?

Awww thanks my dear! :heart: I really like your idea of adding statement pieces first - I feel like that I what I have done so far with VCA and I have been really happy with all my purchases.

I think the VA pave in WG would be stunning but I also love the idea of doing them in YG so I can have every day YG earrings since I don't wear my 3 motifs as every day, but I do have studs set in WG for every day. This brainstorming process has really helped me hone in to the forever pieces I want to have and the more I think about it, the more those VA pave are on the list.

Thanks again for your advise hun! :flowers:

Thanks dear! Those are gorgeous too - I remember trying those on when they came and thought they looked really pretty out but decided to pass on them. I hope you are able to find them. :flowers:
As I looked through all the pieces and the tons of pics I took, I keep gravitating toward the VA pave....they have such an amazing wow factor while still being subtle enough for every day. I have a feeling I will end up with those, but just want to be sure.
Thanks so much for your advise hun!

I think you have an excellent plan. The VA pave are special and classic, and you would never feel you had settled for your second choice [emoji177]

Are you fixed on getting another pair of earrings next? The options you listed are only earrings. You have a lovely collection that includes ring, necklace and earrings. How about a bracelet? with a 5 motif, you have the option to choose colored stones as you said "you've been craving for a little color". If earrings are what you want next, I highly recommend the large frivole. It's such a beautiful piece and just looks stunning on the ears. It ties in well with the VA's and other collections without the clover overload. I know you said you would love to get the wg pave eventually, but the large yg version is different enough that I think one could justify having both, many ladies here have the pave and yg version. it also transitions well from day to night. I'm personally not a fan of the sweets, no offense, but just not substantial enough for me. I would choose my dia studs over sweets any day. I don't like like when the clovers are too close in proximity to one another, so I wouldn't wear va earring and necklace or ring and bracelet, rather i would wear earring and bracelet or necklace and bracelet.

Are you fixed on getting another pair of earrings next? The options you listed are only earrings. You have a lovely collection that includes ring, necklace and earrings. How about a bracelet? with a 5 motif, you have the option to choose colored stones as you said "you've been craving for a little color". If earrings are what you want next, I highly recommend the large frivole. It's such a beautiful piece and just looks stunning on the ears. It ties in well with the VA's and other collections without the clover overload. I know you said you would love to get the wg pave eventually, but the large yg version is different enough that I think one could justify having both, many ladies here have the pave and yg version. it also transitions well from day to night. I'm personally not a fan of the sweets, no offense, but just not substantial enough for me. I would choose my dia studs over sweets any day. I don't like like when the clovers are too close in proximity to one another, so I wouldn't wear va earring and necklace or ring and bracelet, rather i would wear earring and bracelet or necklace and bracelet.
Thanks so much for your response and comments dear! I would love to get a bracelet from vca, but the one that keeps calling my name is the perlee. I love the Alhambra bracelet too, but I’m concerned about stacking it with my cartier pieces and ruining it so I’ve always hesitated. I’m just not ready to pull the trigger on the perlee just yet.

I agree with you on too many cloves together, which is why I think I’m taking so long on pulling the trigger on my next piece. I don’t want too things to be too matchy matchy. And no worries, no offense if you are not a fa of Alhambra....they are not for everyone you know - just sooo tiny.

I think I keep going back to earrings because I only have the 3 motif and my studs and think there’s a void in my collection now for another pair of earings I can wear every day. I loooooove the frivole collection. I think it’s stunning. I don’t recall if I have tried on the large earrings, but will add those to the try list. Thanks for the recommendation!

Lots to think about and I greatly appreciate you thoughts and advise dear

Thanks so much for your response and comments dear! I would love to get a bracelet from vca, but the one that keeps calling my name is the perlee. I love the Alhambra bracelet too, but I’m concerned about stacking it with my cartier pieces and ruining it so I’ve always hesitated. I’m just not ready to pull the trigger on the perlee just yet.

I agree with you on too many cloves together, which is why I think I’m taking so long on pulling the trigger on my next piece. I don’t want too things to be too matchy matchy. And no worries, no offense if you are not a fa of Alhambra....they are not for everyone you know - just sooo tiny.

I think I keep going back to earrings because I only have the 3 motif and my studs and think there’s a void in my collection now for another pair of earings I can wear every day. I loooooove the frivole collection. I think it’s stunning. I don’t recall if I have tried on the large earrings, but will add those to the try list. Thanks for the recommendation!

Lots to think about and I greatly appreciate you thoughts and advise dear

Are you thinking about the perlee signature or clover? I adore the clover and that's one of my favorite pieces out of the perlee collection. I get it with the stacking, I am very ocd about my jewelry, but sometimes one has to live life, my husband always tells me to just wear them and enjoy them. The 3 motif is a bit more formal to me and wouldn't get as much use compared to a stud type earring so I understand your longing for something more everyday. If you love the Frivole pave, you should also take a look at the Lotus. They are gorgeous as well.

Are you thinking about the perlee signature or clover? I adore the clover and that's one of my favorite pieces out of the perlee collection. I get it with the stacking, I am very ocd about my jewelry, but sometimes one has to live life, my husband always tells me to just wear them and enjoy them. The 3 motif is a bit more formal to me and wouldn't get as much use compared to a stud type earring so I understand your longing for something more everyday. If you love the Frivole pave, you should also take a look at the Lotus. They are gorgeous as well.

Thanks hun! I am thinking of the clover bracelet - it is sooo gorgeous! Yep, i have tried the lotus which is very nice too - a bit big on my earlobe for some reason. I would love to try the mini to see how they look too. Looks like my "try on" list is longer than my wish list so far, which is a good thing ;)

Thanks again my dear!

Reactions: jssl1688