Cruise 17 Boy - Grey or Burgundy?

Sep 19, 2009
Hi everyone! I am thinking of getting my first Boy bag. First I have to get approval from DH but I think I have it narrowed down to the grey with RHW or the burgundy with GHW. I believe both are calfskin. I don't own any red bags but I love grey. I'm just worried about color transfer with jeans with the grey. Any opinions or thoughts?
For reference, I have only black chanel bags - a black classic jumbo with GHW, black patent WOC with SHW, and black Biarritz tote. I mostly wear grey, black, and navy but occasionally cream and tan and greens as well.
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I am thinking of getting my first Boy bag. First I have to get approval from DH but I think I have it narrowed down to the grey with RHW or the burgundy with GHW. I believe both are calfskin. I don't own any red bags but I love grey. I'm just worried about color transfer with jeans with the grey. Any opinions or thoughts?
For reference, I have only black chanel bags - a black classic jumbo with GHW, black patent WOC with SHW, and black Biarritz tote. I mostly wear grey, black, and navy but occasionally cream and tan and greens as well.
Thanks in advance!
Get the grey!! I have a grey boy (calfskin), I usually wear it with jeans and I have had 0 issues:smile:

I was in exactly the same predicament as your choices, eventually I chose burgundy! Because that's the one that took my breath away [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] I finally found one in December and I love it [emoji7]

Thank you everyone! I was leaning toward the grey this morning but then this afternoon thought the burgundy would be better... I am still waiting for my perfect grey Kelly as well. If that influences opinions... but I am a sucker for anything grey!

I love my Burgundy boy!! It's a perfect deep red and a nice pop of color that goes well with my neutral wardrobe. It's amazing with the GHW, too!! Which grey for your Kelly are you waiting for?

I love my Burgundy boy!! It's a perfect deep red and a nice pop of color that goes well with my neutral wardrobe. It's amazing with the GHW, too!! Which grey for your Kelly are you waiting for?

That's what I was thinking too... It could be a pop against black, grey, navy, or tan. I'm waiting on etoupe or etain [emoji6]. So a little different than the grey for this season, but still [emoji848]

I find that when I wear grey, I don't like a grey bag but I'm weird like that. I think the burgundy is perfect. It goes with all of your wardrobe colors and is a subtle pop of color.

I think if the grey was also ghw, I'd choose otherwise. The new Caviar grey with light ghw are gorgeous.

I think you if you plan to wear lots of denim, go burgundy. Transfer can be an issue ... it's not transfer on the leather that bugs me (you can always wipe it off with gentle baby wipes)...!but transfer on stitching is permanent/harder to get out! Grey = light stitching = a pain in the butt.

If you are like me and traverse the world mainly in leggings, then by all means get grey. But if you are a die hard denim wearer, get burgundy.

Or if your heart really sings with grey, get it but make sure you are careful which jeans you wear. Inky jeans are a no-no.

Reactions: fally