Crossbody strap coming undone?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have one cross body bag and those pegs that help to adjust the length of the strap keep coming out of the leather hole. The leather hole may be a tad stretched out but it isn't severe.

This issue drives me crazy. I will be walking down the street, the peg will come out of the leather hole and the length of the strap will stretch and hit my knees (I am short). I then have to stop on the street and adjust it and this happens 2-4 times a day.

Maybe it is just my bag? I want to try another cross body style/brand but I am afraid this will happen with every single one. Am I the only person who has had this issue? Has anyone found a fix?

The peg and hole I am speaking about it hard to describe so I have attached a picture from YouTube. IMG_1495538354.699346.jpg

Not all cross body bags use pegs. A lot of them use buckles which probably are more secure. I wonder if the pegs are cheaper as it seems to be the thing to use with newer bags. My mansur gavriel crossbody uses pegs but I haven't had this issue (yet). Maybe it depends on how much stuff is in the bag?

I know this is an old thread, but I have the camera bag in the multi- pastel colors collection a few years back (pic below) and at the end of summer last year, this started happening to me. I love the bag so much and am looking forward to wearing it again this summer, but am afraid this will continue to happen. Did anyone else experience this and if so, did you find any solutions?

Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 6.31.11 PM.png

I know this is an old thread, but I have the camera bag in the multi- pastel colors collection a few years back (pic below) and at the end of summer last year, this started happening to me. I love the bag so much and am looking forward to wearing it again this summer, but am afraid this will continue to happen. Did anyone else experience this and if so, did you find any solutions?

View attachment 5974567
Take it to a cobbler and have the hole ‘stitched’, like put a thread across the end to make it tighter. There’s not a thing you can do to keep leather holes from stretching, especially this poor design.